So... everyone else posts these nice stories about their husbands with dinners and flowers and candy and all that great stuff, and mine sneaks in and posts a picture he made of me with devil horns.
Lovely...
And let me just say that I showed Brad our blog a LONG time ago when I first started, and he made fun of me. And then, when I'd post pictures of us, he didn't like how he looked in any of them, so I finally was like, fine, I'll post a cute one of me kissing Oscar the Grouch, because that's who I'm married to!! SO THERE!!! hahaha
don't worry... this isn't over...
SO Happy Freakin Valentine's Day. :)
Just kidding. We actually had a great weekend together. We were able to spend the whole weekend just hanging out, having fun, watching movies, cooking, riding around with the dogs, etc. We just had a really good time.
Friday night, we made our own pizzas. Mine was all veggies, of course, and Brad had the same with pepperoni and jalapenos. And if you do make you're own pizza, it always tastes so much better when you saute the veggies first in EVOO and add a little garlic and Italian seasoning. Yum! We decided to rent a movie to watch, so I got Fireproof (yes, the Christian one with kirk cameron), and if you haven't seen it, you should, especially if you're married. It's got a really great message. We were a little wary at first, because all of the actors are amateurs, but we ended up really loving it. We got it at the Redbox for $1, and now I want to buy it. So there ya go. After that, we watched X-men 2, which is my favorite of the X-men movies. I guess Brad had to take back his man card or something.
On Saturday, my gift to Brad was to clean out his car. He helped of course, but I did all the gritty work that he hates. So I vaccuumed, wiped, scrubbed, chiseled... and I let him hit a few golf balls around while I did that. He had all kinds of ideas for a romantic date out, but if you know me, you know I like simple most of the time. So he made me dinner and then we watched a movie and we did fondue with chocolate and strawberries. Lots of fun!
Sunday, we went to my parents' for lunch, and Brad, Art, and I watched Survivorman on tv. It's so gross. He ate a frog, turtle, and a snake all in the same episode. Not cool. Nobody could pay me enough to do that. Oh, and he was sleeping on the bank of a swamp filled with gators. No thank you. That night, we went to my grandparents' for birthday dinner for my stepsister Sarah, and my aunts Sandi and Christie.
And that was our weekend.
ps. hope everyone enjoys the new photo. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment