Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Surprise Birthday (Linky) Party

If you've never checked out Edie over at Life in Grace, you should go take a peek.



life in grace


Two weeks ago, she and her family went through a tragic event, losing all of their earthly possessions (you can read more about that here).
Today is her birthday, and pretty much everyone in blogland that's come across her little corner of the internet is writing a little something to/for her.
Her bff's hijacked her blog (without her knowledge) and are basically throwing her a surprise blog birthday party. Because that's what good girlfriends do... love on you when you're going through a rough time.

Edie doesn't know me.
I actually didn't know anything about her until The Nester (and several other blogs I follow) mentioned their loss and asked for us to pray for their family.
So of course, I clicked over to check out her blog, see what happened, and who this person was.
My heart broke for them. I mean, really. The week of Christmas, and you lose everything?

But what really struck me was her response.
She refused to wallow in self-pity. Instead, she rejoiced. Her family is safe... not one hair singed, including the dogs. She chose to face this with a grateful heart. She realized that God rescued all of them, and then proceeded to lavish their family with love through friends, neighbors, relatives, and total strangers.
I have since become a total fan of Edie.
She's such an inspiration.

I'm really not sure how I missed her blog before now? Most of my favorite bloggers follow her, so apparently, I've been living under a rock...
She's smart (a doctor), creative, loving, and talented. She walks with grace, beauty, and style. She's an incredible mom, teacher, cook, artist, and follower of Christ. She's daring. I mean, seriously... the woman painted her kitchen cabinets turquoise. And she pulled it off! Her blog is full of happiness and life. She's one of those "breath of fresh air" types. I normally would be way too shy to contribute to this, especially since I just started following... but how can I not? I can't turn away an opportunity to cheer a fellow blogger/sister/friend up when they're down. Especially on their birthday.



Happy Birthday, Edie!

Just for the heck of it... a few of my fav Edie posts:

4 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

I am so glad you found er. Edie's blog is one of my favorites. She is an inspiration to so many of us!

Richella Parham said...

I clicked on your link because I wanted to meet you--I love the name of your blog! My boys are all big boys now. . . my "baby" is 13 and 6'4" tall. But they're still my boys, and always will be.

I'm glad you found Edie's blog. She's remarkable, isn't she? She's already had an impact on you, and you just met her! That's how she is.

So nice to meet you!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I don't know of her so I must be under a rock too. Going to check her out now after your raving review of her and her blog!!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Ok. I just read a couple posts and I 100% agree with you. I also love that she is MY AGE!!

Thanks for telling us about her!