Monday, January 3, 2011

this is why I don't organize

I'm working desperately hard to get my house in order.
I'm thinking I need to call in some serious reserves. All of the Martha Stewart types. My home is beginning to resemble something seen on that Hoarders show. Ok, maybe not that bad... but yeah. I'm getting overwhelmed. Every single stinkin room needs a makeover. Organization first, then some serious decor TLC.

I just attempted to take Noah's infant car seat to the attic (I know. Procrastinate much?). As I'm awkwardly trying to lift that thing up the ladderish-type stairs (there needs to be a new design for those things...), I have this vision of mice jumping on me, all Cinderella like and asking if I need help. Either that or just jumping in my hair and causing a total freakout.
(you can read about our mouse issues here and here)
But I wasn't too worried. It's been a couple of months since we've heard any scratchy noises (that now give me the chills just thinking about it). I figured they were all gone by now. We had stopped catching any in the attic for awhile, and we'd only been getting them in the garage (I say "we" like I've had anything to do with it...).
So you can imagine my horror when I set the infant seat down at the top of the stairs and see right in front of me a dead mouse. AAAAACCCKKKK.
I mumbled some kind of unrecognizable something-or-other and about broke my neck climbing down that thing. Yes, I realize it's dead. I get that it's obviously not just pretending to be dead so it can jump on me, or that it won't magically come back to life. But I sure as heck didn't want to look at it.

And now I'm too freaked out to go up there. I have all of this stuff that needs to be somewhere else before I go crazy... but I refuse to open that door again until Brad has inspected that whole darn place.

This must be why I put things off and don't organize. Can you imagine if I'd tried that a few months ago?? I very well might've been attacked by man eating mice.

2 comments:

Dani In NC said...

>>I have this vision of mice jumping on me, all Cinderella like and asking if I need help.<<

Sounds like you watched "Enchanted" on ABC Family last night :-).

Charbelle said...

I would have totally screamed at the dead mouse, I HATE rodents!!!