Monday, March 9, 2009

Why I Love NC

So if you've watched the news at all, I'm sure you heard about the "Winter Blast" that hit the east coast last week. The weatherman did not disappoint me this time! Last Sunday/Monday, we got one of the biggest snows we've had in the last 5 years. I absolutely LOVE snow. But I love getting dumped with snow for a couple of days, enjoying it, and then it going away in a few days. This is exactly what happened. This was Sunday night. Brad had to be at work the next morning at 6am in Rock Hill, SC. So we decided to enjoy it while it was still coming down. It was so peaceful and pretty. We took the dogs with us. They seemed to like it. They've never seen a big snow before, and they had a good time once they figured out it wasn't going to hurt them.





Our abominable snowpuppy.





We ended up getting somewhere between 6 and 9 inches of snow, which in NC, that's considered a blizzard. Heck, we shut down the schools for 1/2" of snow. It's amazing the kids weren't out for the whole week. The night before, Brad decided to try and see if he could make it out of the driveway. He'd already told his boss that it wasn't looking too good, since we have two hills before you can get out of our neighborhood. So he got out to the street, and couldn't go up the slant that's right in front of our house. He's driven in Colorado snow before, but this snow was slushy and slick, so I guess that made a difference. Anyway, he backed the car back into our driveway. This would've worked great, except that once he got the back tires over the hump, the front tires started to spin and the front of the car started sliding towards our mailbox. I'm sure our neighbors thought, "What idiots are trying to drive in this at 10 o'clock at night??" Our very sweet neighbors across the street offered to help us. Eric came over and helped Brad push the rest of the car back into the driveway. Brad decided that he was done trying to drive that night, so he called his boss and said he'd try in the morning, but not to get his hopes up. We woke up at 5am, and the town had plowed through our neighborhood! I was a little bummed, because I wanted Brad to stay home and play in the snow, but he was able to get to work safely.

Now to why I love NC. Exactly a week ago, we were playing in 6" of snow. Then on Saturday, the weather was in the 70's, and Brad and I were planting flowers in our front yard (pictures to come later). Yesterday, we went to my grandparents' to celebrate my cousin Natalie's and my granddaddy's birthdays. Anytime it's nice out, we all get together and play wiffleball in the back yard.

Like I said, a week ago, it was snowing, then yesterday, it looked like this:






Time to place your bets! We find out Wednesday what we're having! Don't worry, I'll definitely be letting everyone know. Our appointment is at 9:30am, and after that, we're heading straight for Target/Baby's R Us to register! I'm so ready to start decorating and planning. I have no idea how people can stand to wait till the end to find out. It's been hard enough waiting 5 months! So far, the majority of guesses have been for a girl, with only a few for a boy. We'll see soon enough!! Yay!! :)

1 comment:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

PICTURES OF YOUR PREGO BELLY PLEASE!!!!!

I'm dying to see you all prego!

PS yes we will definitely see you this summer! Ryan will be SO busy with work but we'll try and do a weekend trip to some say hi!