Unfortunately, there weren't any bites, but they still had fun. The dogs LOVED the beach. We would let them off their leashes at times and let them run around. They had a blast.


We also had a little visitor in our back yard. A baby gator decided to sunbathe right outside our back porch. He seemed more scared of us than we were of him. I thought he was adorable, but I kept my distance. I think most animals are adorable, even when they're usually thought of as hideous (ie. I stick up for oppossums even though I know they're butt ugly and mean... they can't help it that people have invaded their land and they're just hungry... they also can't help it that they were born ugly).

We learned a little bit while we were there too. We went to Mt Pleasant to tour the USS Yorktown and went on a ferry ride to Fort Sumter. It's so much more interesting when you're older and can appreciate it. I went to see the battleship when I was younger and while it was cool to see, I didn't really care about the history as much.





I got to go shopping in Charleston, as always, and I got some cute new shoes. Fortunately, those still fit. Then we ate at The Charleston Place which is in the Charleston Omni hotel and is one of my fav restaurants there.

One of my friends, Daniel, lives in Charleston, so we got to meet up with him and have dinner. Daniel's mom and my mom were best friends back when we were born, so we became BFF and grew up together until his family moved away while we were still in elementary school. We all still kept in touch and made it a goal to come visit eachother every once in awhile. So ever since he moved away, I'd go stay with him and his family in Easley, and then he'd come stay with my family. This went on until we obviously grew up and went to college and developed little lives of our own. He'd still stop by and see me whenever he came to town, so I figured it was my turn since I was in his town.
Anyway, we met up with him and hung out at his place with his friend/girlfriend/not sure where they stand. I hope he hangs on to her, because I really liked her alot. If you're wondering what's on his face, he bikes alot and had recently bought this ski mask thing to wear in the winter, complete with beard and mustache. We thought it was hysterical and had some fun with it.


This was Brad and Daniel trying to demonstrate the game Funny Bones. I'd never heard of it.

Anyways, so we had a really great time. I'm glad to be home, but it was sad leaving. Hopefully we can go back before they sell the cottage.
1 comment:
CUTE pics! A lot of those Charleston pics were identical to mine from our honeymoon! Didn't you just LOVE Charleston?? Your belly is adorable!!!
Post a Comment