Sunday, June 28, 2009

Baby Showers and More



I had my 3rd and final baby shower today! I had a good time, and we got lots of nice things.
Last weekend I had a baby shower with my mom's side... grandmother, aunts, cousins, etc. We had it at my cousin Michelle's house and got TONS of clothes. Noah has absolutely no reason to go around naked (watch, I bet that's how he'll be happiest). My mom took pictures of that one, so all I have is a picture of the cake.


Today was the shower from my dad's side. My 3 aunts (dad's 2 sisters, Christie and Sandi, and sis-in-law Susan) threw this one for me. They did a great job, and lots of aunts, cousins, etc came to this one too. We received so many nice things like a baby swing, high chair, and cute clothes. However, my absolute favorite gift was one that was actually made way before now.

My great-grandmother (Mamaw Hagler) used to quilt and always gave the new babies in our family one when they were born. I was the first, then my cousins all came next. She passed away last year, and it's been sad for me, because I know she'd be beside herself excited about our baby. Noah would've been her first great-great grandbaby. Anyway, I was also a little sad because I knew he'd never be able to have one of her quilts. So when I opened the box from my grandmother, both me and my mom had to fight back the tears.


Inside the card, my grandmother wrote, "Mamaw Hagler made and quilted this quilt several years ago before her hands would not let her quilt anymore. I put the binding on the edges since she had not finished that. I hope you will enjoy using it with Noah. I know it would make her happy for you to have the quilt. Love, Mamaw Barbara"

Here are just a couple of outfits I got that I really liked. I love all of them, but here's just a sample of what we got.



He also got his first pair of Osh Kosh overalls today (every boy in our family MUST have these), and my stepmom gave him little teeny Polo swim trunks for when we go to Kiawah with them. She said my dad loved them. They're blue plaid (like Brad would wear), but they're RLP like my dad would wear. haha I'm not sure how much use they'll get. Brad has been very adamant about Noah not going anywhere for the first 6 months. I think he's going to be more overprotective than me! :)

Finally, this is for Meagan. :) For Father's Day, I gave Brad a little onesie that says "I love daddy" on it. She had the same idea for her husband (who is one of Brad's friends). Very cute!

We had our Childbirth Preparation class this weekend. We decided to take the weekend crash course. I didn't want to drag it out for 5 weeks, and it just worked out better this way. It was very helpful, since it was at Presbyterian (where I'll be delivering). Yes, we had to watch the videos, but it didn't last too long. I recommend going to one of these classes, just so you're prepared for whatever. She went through all the "what if's" and answered all of our questions. Our teacher was incredibly nice, funny, and informative. It helps when you like them alot. Plus, this won't be the last time I see her, because she works in the postpartum dpmt there.
Anyway, she taught us different soothing techniques and ways to get through the contractions. She also showed the guys where certain pressure points were and places to massage to help us out. At one point, she had the girls on all fours and the guys kneeling behind us so they could massage the area in our lower back. This was a little uncomfortable and actually a little bit of an inappropriate position to be in. :) She obviously knew how we all felt and made a joke about how the girls were thinking that this is how we got into this mess in the first place. Brad, of course, decides to chime in for the boys and says, "Yeah it is!" All the guys thought it was hilarious, and I was bright red and wanted to hide. Even though I've been with him long enough to know he says whatever he's thinking, it still embarrasses the heck out of me. I think he enjoys it.

Even though I had a great weekend, I'm glad all the crazy busyness is starting to end. I need a weekend to just relax and catch up on things. Although, keeping things clean and organized is getting a little harder now. I don't move as quickly or as easily as before. It's difficult to bend over and climbing is out of the question. Only 6 more weeks to go! Ok, so maybe 7 if he decides to stay in there a little longer. Either way, I'm definitely on the countdown!!

1 comment:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Cute stuff!!! And yes, I'm sure Noah will be happiest when he is naked.....as most boys do. And cute pic of Brad with the "I love Daddy" onesie! Ryan was speechless when I gave it to him for Father's Day. You guys are so blessed to have such great family to throw you these showers! I hope I get pampered like that!