So I spent the entire day today with a screaming little baby. After feeding, burping, changing, feeding, burping, rocking, holding, patting, and so on for a good three hours, I decided to look up Colic online to see if I could find any new ideas. His tummy seemed to be bothering him, and he just couldn't get happy.
To all of you new moms and moms-to-be, I really hope you don't have to go through this. It's the saddest most frustrating thing ever. You feel very helpless, because nothing you do can soothe your little cutie for long. If you do run into this, though, here's the website I found that had alot of suggestions:
How to Deal with a Colicky Baby
I tried a few of these... massaging his belly, rubbing his back (which I was already doing), changing rooms, walking around, and the bicycle thing. He was acting hungry again, so I decided to try feeding him to see if that would help. After eating, he seemed somewhat content, and then wouldn't you know it, he threw up ALL over the both of us. It was at this point, I decided the bath idea would be good. :)
I gave him a longer bath than normal and just kept sprinkling warm water on his tummy to see if that would help. He always loves his baths, so he was content in the water, and it seemed to be working. After his bath, I had a great idea. I dressed him in just his diaper, went to the couch, and did the whole skin-to-skin thing with him with a blanket over us. He finally calmed down and he's been sleeping since 4:30 this afternoon. I keep checking on him to make sure he's ok, since I keep waiting for him to wake up starving. Normally, I'd get him up to feed him, but this time, I think I'll just let the little guy rest.
Everyone pray for a restful night for the both of us. I'm pretty drained. :)
2 comments:
MY Grandma did this thing with Alice one day when her tummy was bothering her... layed her across her leg, so the leg was in her belly, and held her head up with one hand, then just rubbed her back with the other. I'd rubbed her back before, but not like that, and she calmed down and soon fell asleep...
Rough! I'm glad that skin to skin thing has worked for you on a few occasions though. I like your blogs for moms-to-be...! I need all the help I can get, girl!
Post a Comment