Sunday, October 25, 2009

Birthdays

Usually, my birthday doesn't involve just one party, but at least three. One for myself and friends, one with my mom's side, one with my dad's side, and one with my grandparents' on my dad's side.

This year, we decided trying to throw me a party was going to just be too much. I mean, it's hard enough work taking care of a baby 24/7. Why in the world would I want stress myself out trying to plan a party for myself? So I didn't. :)

My actual birthday was last Tuesday, and it worked out that Brad got Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday off work. He gave me the best gift ever. He took care of Noah and I got to go to the salon and get my hair done! It's great when I know he's being taken care of and is happy. That way I don't feel guilty or worry about him. It was fabulous! I decided I really wanted something different, because everytime I get it cut, it always grows back and looks exactly the same as it did before. And this is what I ended up with:



Told you it was different. It actually took me awhile to get used to it. I mean, I haven't had bangs since I was 6. I like it, though. It's so much easier to manage. It's literally wash, dry, and go. Definitely what I need right now.

He's also ordering me a Paula Deen apron (I've been asking for one for like a year now). Yall know how much I love Paula (and her cooking!).



We spent the rest of the day walking around the mall, then went to dinner at my mom's.

Last night, we had my party at my grandparents' house. I share my birthday month with my younger cousin Nathan. Noah was an angel! He talked and giggled and let people hold him. He was such a good boy.



My uncle Kenny, aunt Susan, and cousins Madison and Seth


My aunt Christie and her fiance Bob

1 comment: