Since having Noah, I've had so much great support and advice from my mom friends. Seriously, I'm not sure I'd have my sanity without them.
With that said, I got some great reassurance on my mothering abilities while out on our walk today.
I've run into these same kids several times while walking with Noah, and they're cute as can be. Today, they decided to stop me and show me "what their mom gave them". The 5 year old shows me a huge screwdriver, and his brother who is maybe 7 holds up a gigantic serrated knife. He proceeds to tell me that they're to be used to cut tree limbs and things "so they can get through". Get through what? I'm not sure. Should they be going anywhere that a knife is required? I'm thinking probably not. Maybe I'm just destined to be a super strict mom, but something tells me giving sharp weapons to your children just isn't a very good idea.
So assuming these kids are telling the truth (which they very may well not be), at least I know enough NOT to give Noah a knife to walk around the neighborhood with.
Oh, and I wasn't sure how to respond to this, so I fought the inner urge to snatch these things out of their hands and just told them not to use them on eachother or anyone else.
Is this what I have to look forward to with a boy???
1 comment:
When you started this story, I was afraid you were going to say you ran into one of my kids :-).
Post a Comment