But after months of me trying to figure out how to help make some extra $$ from home with a baby, I finally settled on something:
Yep. I'm now a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant.
Why Mary Kay?
Well, I've been using it since I was 14. I like their products. And the biggest selling point for me: no monthly quotas!!
The lady I'm under, I've known since I was a kid. She's got a massive business out of her home (she even has a MK car... but no, it's not pink).
We'll see how it all works out and how successful I actually can be at it. I think it'll be fun. I'm still waiting on my starter kit, so I have a lot to sort through and figure out. I'm looking forward to it. It'll be nice if I can earn a little bit of cash on the side. I like to feel like I'm contributing to our finances in some way. Stay tuned.

7 comments:
Yay welcome aboard! I've been under Patrice since 2004. It's the best stuff ever and it's the secret to looking young! People never believe that I'm 30. My mom is my biggest customer but that's b/c I've never really worked it. You will do great!
Awesome! I love seeing those Pink Caddies driving around. I used Mary Kay a lot growing up. I love it! And the perfume is awesome too. Good luck girl!
Ok, so I haven't talked to my mom about this, but I LOVE PARTIES:) Maybe when I am in Charlotte again, we can have a MK party?? SEriously though..I love their products. I see my mom today..my parents are coming into town. I will casually mention it!
Charbelle: Thanks! I think so too! I'm excited about it. I didn't know you were under Patrice! She was really successful with it, I think.
Meagan: I know! I haven't seen the pink caddies in a long time. The lady I'm under got a red pontiac. I guess they've updated their look. :)
Anna: I would LOVE to do a party for yall!! I love parties too. That would be so fun! And it would be great seeing you again... and not have bellies preventing us from hugging! haha
I don't wear makeup that often, but Mary Kay used to sell a lip exfoliation cream that I liked. I need more if they still sell it. I guess I'll have to come a-knockin' on your door :-).
I think they still sell it. I'll definitely look for it once I get this thing going. I'm supposed to have a "Debut party" at some point, but I'm not sure when or where yet. I'll keep you posted, though. :)
They do have the satin lips still and it's awesome. In addition to your Debut party you might talk to your director about doing an online party along with it so out of town people can order too.
The pink cadillacs are still around, they have been updated and it's now a car allowance so that if you have a family you aren't limited in your choice of vehicle. So excited for you!
Post a Comment