Sunday, March 21, 2010

Saying Goodbye

This year, it'll be ten years since I graduated high school.

For my high school graduation, my parents bought me a car. I'd proven that I was a safe driver. I called before and after I went somewhere. I never got a ticket, and I was always in before 9pm when I had my limited license. I also had been a smartiepants and graduated a year ahead of schedule.

So my gift was a 2000 Honda Civic. I loved my car. It was cute, got great gas mileage, and never gave me any problems.

However, after we bought our new SUV/Mom-car, it was silly for us to have 3 cars.

Just in time for my high school reunion, I sold my high school car. Makes me sad. It went to a good home (I know, I'm making it sound like a lost puppy), and I know it'll be well taken care of. I've been told I can visit anytime I like. :)

1 comment:

Jess said...

Wow. It's 15 years since I graduated high school. I feel old.

My first car was a Honda Civic too. Except, it was a 1984 Honda Civic.

Yeah. Not so much nostalgia over that car.