Sunday, April 11, 2010

ok, this one's for real

It's officially impossible to sit at the computer with Noah now, unless I give him something to occupy himself with. Otherwise, he's all about the keyboard. He froze our computer once when Brad was trying to pay bills. Oh, and that purplish-blue stuff... that's blueberries. Why do all of the healthy foods have to stain everything??

So Friday night was Girls Night with (almost) all of my old high school friends that I graduated with. I hadn't seen a lot of them in forever. We keep up with each other on facebook and blogs and stuff, but nothing beats in person! Two of them are now pregnant, one due in a few weeks. She's an amazing photographer. Hire her. We met at Steph's house (the one who visited Brad and I a couple of weeks ago), which was so sweet of her. Such a cute place! She and Lis cooked an incredible meal (bruschetta, garlic bread, mixed fruit, pizzas... way too much, but so good).


As always, it took Noah about 10 minutes to warm up to everyone. He just needs time to process it all, then he's all smiles. By the end of the night, he was all squeals and silliness. He missed his buddy Jonah, but he's really looking forward to seeing him in June, if not sooner. However, I think he enjoyed getting so much attention from all of the ladies.

Oh, and you know how I wasn't really sure if Noah really meant me when saying, "Mama"? Well, while we were there, the girls were nice enough to hold him while I got my dinner. He kept saying, "Mama, Mama", so I glanced up to make sure he was ok. He was leaning forward, so he could see around them and looking straight at me. YAY!! You have no idea how happy that made me!


Even though it was fun letting everyone meet Noah, I think next time, he's going to have to stay with his daddy. Because let me tell you, this was the busiest I've ever been at a get-together. Like holidays, Girls Night is much different with a baby. However, ever since Friday, Noah thinks we should stay up and party like that every night! He must've really enjoyed himself. :)

7 comments:

bashtree said...

Who besides Anna is pregnant??? this is fun :)

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

Meghan! :)

Charbelle said...

so I somehow just managed to delete your comment and I'm not sure how. But Forest Hill is really a great place, especially if you are taking someone to church for the first time. They are a blessing because they preach the word but in a way that even spiritual seekers or non believers are usually not offended and walk away thinking about it. It really isn't bad from Davidson because you just take 77 to Tyvola. When I dated CF we went there and drove up from Fort Mill even though they have a Rock Hill outlet gathering.
Glad you had fun at girls night!! I'm can only imagine how wonderfully charming Noah was!!

Elisabeth said...

I am glad i got to hangout with him! :)

Jess said...

This is totally unrelated to your post, but is relevant to your comment. Sorry. Don't have your email. Anyway...
I'm gonna be down there the weekend of May 7th. It's my sister's shower, and while it'll be a crazy weekend, I would LOVE LOVE to meet up with you for coffee if you can. Just to catch up a little. :) Saturday early morning will be fairly free if you can get away.

Jess said...

Okay. I am a total nudge. I should have just FB messaged you. DUH. I have an infant...I am clinging to that excuse for my idiocy.

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Thanks for your comment Hailey! Henry is also really big for his age. He is 2 and looks 4!! Even his pediatrician said it will be harder for him b/c people will expect him to do more.

Need to catch up on your blog!! Thank you for reading mine and always commenting. I appreciate it!