Today, gmail disabled my account. Apparently, somebody was trying to hack into my email or trying to send me something "malicious". Not sure why they'd pick my email to hack into. I promise, there's not much to see. And if they're looking for money, they've chosen the wrong person to rob from. I may have all of $20 in my bank account. Yeah, that might buy lunch at Chick-Fil-A for them and a buddy. Trying to steal my info is just a waste of time... unless they've just got a real hankering for some Mary Kay lip gloss.
Noah has really been cracking me up lately. His little mind is hard at work trying to figure things out, and recently, this includes chairs. A couple of days ago, as I was sitting in our office/guest bedroom, Noah was on the floor next to me, quietly playing with some toys. All of a sudden, my chair begins rolling to the left. Yes, my 9 month old son was moving my chair... with me in it.
He's been doing this to the kitchen chairs and his rolling high chair as well.
I have a little Hercules.
He now is close to weighing 30 lbs, and he wears sizes 2T and 3T. 3T is obviously a little baggy on him, but we're trying to just buy too big of clothes and wait for him to grow into it. Hopefully, when he gets more mobile and slims down, they'll still fit! I guess the good thing is that it fits him length-wise too. We'll get an exact number next week when we go for his well visit, but based on our scale, that's where he is. He's a hefty little guy. I found a muscle shirt at Target that has "100% muscle" on it and thought it would be hilarious to get it (especially with all of his little arm rolls). Brad said no. There's no way his son was going to go around in a redneck muscle tee. What a party pooper.
I did, however, get a "Give Peas a Chance" tee. Very appropriate for my baby. I'm eventually going to get him an actual Beatles tee, but I'm waiting for his growth spurts to slow down a tad. Otherwise, he might've outgrown it by the time it arrives.
His new favorite toy? A spatula. He was sitting in his pack n play outside the other day while Brad and I worked on the fence. Brad said he looked over to check on him, and he was just sitting there grinning from ear to ear, talking to his spatula.
(also, if you go back to the pictures where he's moving the chair, you'll see his trusty spatula right there with him)
He loves the dogs. They're good with him too. When he was sitting outside (same day), the dogs would lie down next to the pack n play and just hang out. He likes to pet them, but he's a little too fascinated with their eyes. Gotta watch that.
One not so nice thing... he's grinding his new teeth. AAaaaahhh!! Nails on a chalkboard.
As for crawling and getting mobile and stuff, he's just scooting backwards. Every now and then, he'll try getting up on his knees, but he seems content to scoot and roll around.
And this has no reason for being in this post, other than it's just too darn cute not to include.
He has the chubbiest fingers and toes!
Brad's still working like a crazy man. His coworker that covers for him during his days off had a tragic death in the family this week. Apparently, his aunt and uncles' house caught on fire (from an electric blanket... be careful with those things). Sadly, the aunt didn't make it out. So awful. Brad is covering for the guy until he comes back, but that won't be until next week, which means no time off for 12 days straight. He's not complaining, especially because of the situation. I hate it for him, though (and for the other guy too). Needless to say, the fence building has been put on hold until he has the energy to go back out and work some more. He's been able to get almost all of the posts up by himself, though. I'm really impressed. After working 13 hours straight today, I don't blame him for avoiding it. Yesterday, he attempted to mow the back yard. He finished the front and almost all of the back until a platic rope thing (that held the wood together) got caught in the blade. I glanced outside to check on him, and he was on the ground in the middle of the yard, trying to untangle it. He gave up and went to bed. Poor guy.
On the bright side, we're expecting some guests next week. A couple of Brad's buddies are coming into town next Thursday and will be staying with us. I'm excited about it. They're nice guys (except that they've threatened to corrupt Noah already... stupid boys...), and I'm happy that Brad gets to have some guy time. He barely has enough time for Noah and me, let alone friends. Plus, almost all of his friends moved away. He's like one of the only ones from his original group that's stayed in NC. Wow, I'm making him sound like a sad, lonely boy, aren't I? Ok, he's not a total loser. He does have friends here. It's just fun when his old buddies come back into town. There. Is that better? Good thing he hardly ever reads this (of course, his brother does a good job of teasing him about my blogs...).
In other news, my brother graduates from basic training this week!! He's been in Ft Benning, GA since January, and I know he's so ready to come home. I'm sad we're not going to see him, but it was just going to be too much for all of us. The drive down there is one thing, but have you ever been to one of their graduations? It's not a normal, smile-and-walk-across-the-stage type of thing. It's like you sat down in the middle of a war. They get to show off everything they've learned. My brother is in the infantry division.
Maybe I'm overreacting, but I just don't think a baby should be exposed to grenades and firearms and tanks at this early of an age. And if he gets scared and cries, where am I going to take him?? Brad has to work anyway, and my parents are going to record it for us. I feel guilty, but my little family comes first now.
And I think that's about it for now. Hope you enjoyed the update.






1 comment:
I went back up to he chair pictures and saw the spatula, too funny!! I showed my Mom pictures of Noah and she thinks he's adorable, no surprise there.
Wow that's a lot of hours, you really have a wonderful guy! I was missing an update so glad that things are going well :)
Post a Comment