Ok blogger buds, I need your help.
I suffer from the sickness of always needing to please people. This Sunday, I need 15 of me. I have the best mom ever, and she refuses to put pressure on me on the holidays. If we can't see her on that specific day, that's fine with her. However, I'm trying to make it to church, because that would mean the world to her, especially because my brother is going too. To have her whole family together at church, on Mother's Day, would make her day.
After that, there's a get-together at my grandparents' (on my dad's side), as always. We're not only celebrating Mother's Day, but also birthdays, Harrison returning, and my cousin's graduation. I've missed the last three family parties and didn't want to miss this one. Church is at 11:15am, and lunch is at 1pm. We can do it, however, Noah can't keep going without a nap. He also has issues sleeping other places besides his own room. He did it on Easter at my mom's, so I guess it's possible. I just don't want to stress him out and then have me stressed out, because I have a fussy, sleepy baby. Brad may or may not be there. It depends on if he can get off work in time. Making it to church is a negative, but lunch is a possibility.
Then that evening, my dad wants to have a family party for Harrison. *sigh*
He thinks it'll be too much for Noah (and me) to do church and lunch, then a party that same night. He keeps reminding me that this is supposed to be a day for me too.
This is my first Mother's Day, and I feel like I'm being ran ragged already. I can't do the crazy run around stuff like I used to before Noah came along. It's not fair to him.
So that's my dilemma. What do I go to? What do I skip? Who gets priority? When do I fit my Mother's Day in?
I love my family. I really do. But this is one of the downsides to living so close to everyone. Everybody wants a piece. :)
4 comments:
You are too soft-hearted. I'd send the moms a card, and attend the party for your brother in the evening!
I think church and then the daytime stuff but the party in the evening you're going to be way too tired to enjoy. Plus it's mother's day and you will have celebrated Harrison's coming home with Mom so you will have celebrated during the day and so will Noah. That's just my 2 cents. For Father's Day you will probably be spending time with your Dad.
I 100% agree with Charbelle!!
This is unrelated but I meant to tell you ages ago that your blog design is insanely CUTE!! I love it. :-)
Happy Mother's Day!! It's your first!! That's so special.
What was the outcome? I hope you enjoyed your first Mother's Day!!!
Post a Comment