Wednesday, June 30, 2010

daddy's home!

Our AC is fixed!!!

Ok, so maybe not technically... but I'm not sweating. While we were trying to figure out whether we should get a new unit or go a different route (something about attaching a heat pump and reversing it?), our air started working again.
Apparently, all it needed was a good bath. So we're holding off on spending thousands now that we're not hot anymore. Obviously, we're going to wire the invisible fence to where the pups can't get to the unit anymore. Once we do that, it should be protected, and the unit should last awhile.

This past weekend was so nice. Brad had his first couple of days off for the first time in two weeks. Friday night, Brad's parents invited us to go to a baseball game in Kannapolis. We had so much fun! Noah's cousins Nathan (Rob's son) and Robert (Kerri's son) were there too. They were so cute. They spent the majority of the game running around trying to catch foul balls. That place was awesome. I've been to several Knights games, but this was much smaller, and we liked that. Fewer people, less cramped, and better food (according to Granny).
At first, Noah wasn't too sure about it all. He had a very concerned look on his face. He always gets like that when we go to crowded places.


We kept waiting for him to decide if he was going to be ok or not. He had lasted for a few minutes without crying, so we let Granddad hold him. Just as Granddad got him, the entire stadium went "Aaawwww" in a sad tone. And that just sent Noah over the edge:


Poor little guy.
I held him for awhile, and somewhere along the line, he got much better. He started to enjoy the attention from all the ladies he was getting. Those rolls get 'em every time.


After the game, they had fireworks. We were a little nervous about how he would react. I've seen my share of screaming babies at 4th of July firework displays.
Turns out, he was terrified of the baseball game, but really enjoyed the fireworks. Go figure. Babies are funny that way.
Saturday evening, we took Noah to the park to swing and take pictures. He LOVES to swing. He's a giggly, silly little thing.

We decided to try out one of the slides. I was originally going to just take him down the little one first... but no, Brad decided we should try out the biggest one!

And this is what happened:


Started out ok...
                                                             ...still doing pretty good...
...going a little faster than we expected...
 "Aaaahhhh!!"

Don't worry. We were fine. I have that iron grip that women seem to get after having a baby. Brad thought we were hilarious. I'm just happy Noah's not scarred for life. We took him on the smaller ones after that, and he didn't seem to mind them too much.


"Daddy, I think I'd like to go home now."

***

And that was our weekend. :)

2 comments:

Charbelle said...

Yay!! So glad you had fun!! Noah pictures ALWAYS make me smile and the rolls are definitely irresistable!!! Plus he's a charmer!!

Jess said...

The look on his face in the first picture is AWESOME.

He's such a cutie.

And I've so done that on the slide. Except, well, I didn't catch myself. And me and Gabe landed in a puddle. And then for about a year he wouldn't go near a slide. I am an awesome mom like that. Instill the fear early on.