Saturday, June 19, 2010

Flashback Friday... on Saturday

So we're back up and running. I wasn't able to do my Flashback Friday yesterday, so I'll do it today. Yall don't care, right? I didn't think so.

With tomorrow being Father's Day, I thought I'd do a nice tribute to my dad. This is of me and my daddy at Putt Putt in Myrtle Beach. I think I was maybe 5 or 6 here.

Some favorite things I remember about my dad from when I was a kid:
1. He loved/loves me.
2. After working all day, he spent at least an hour or more with me every night, playing board games, coloring, etc and listening to jazz music.
3. We used to eat Breyers vanilla ice cream and watch Nick at Night, our favorite shows being Mr Ed, I Love Lucy, the Dick Van Dyke show, and Car 54 Where Are You.
4. I got my love of classic rock music from him, The Beatles being my favorite. When I turned 22, he took me to see Paul McCartney for my birthday. We were like 8 rows back on the floor. I could literally see McCartney's face without looking at the screen. One of the BEST nights of my life.
5. Saying prayers with me, every night, no matter what.
6. The night he choked on some steak, when I was like 9, and he couldn't get it out, even with my mom performing the Heimlich. It was stuck in his diaphragm or something. It scared me to death. I thought I was going to lose him. Thankfully, he was fine, but he still has to have a procedure done every once in awhile to have his esophagus stretched. Good times.
7. He always helped me with my school projects (ie. did them for me). He had a tendency to take over and do it himself, not because I didn't want to do it, but because he's such a perfectionist that way. lol.
8. He builds the most gorgeous homes I've ever seen/lived in. He has a natural talent for carpentry. He made most of the furniture in our home.
9. My dad does anything and everything to make his family happy. He's a peacemaker, and I love that about him.
10. He's an amazing dad (and now Granddaddy to Noah). I'm so happy to be his daughter.



1 comment:

Charbelle said...

welcome back!!! Hope it's a great Father's Day for Brad and your Dad!!