Wednesday, September 22, 2010

FALLin'

I've been getting that itch to start decorating. I've caught myself opening up my cabinets, debating with myself if it's too soon to pull my fall stuff out. Reluctantly, I close the doors and walk away defeated, realizing that it's too hard to justify autumn decor when it's still reaching 90 degrees out.

But hey... I can still look right??
And isn't today the first official day of fall???

So here's my inspiration board for decorating this year. Who knows if I'll actually get to make some of this stuff. A few of them may be too complicated/expensive to bother with. However, I am determined to make that wreath!


pinecone hurricane vase, pumpkin chandeliers, autumn luminarias, cornhusk votives, fall pumpkin candle centerpiece, leaf ornament, Standout Pumpkin, candle and apple centerpiece, pinecones, "red and gold glory", black and white pumpkin

3 comments:

Dani In NC said...

Oh, you're one of THOSE gals -- you decorate for the different seasons and holidays. If you tell me that you have Christmas china, then we can't be friends ;-).

I've been in the mood to do my normal fall things like eat soup, knit, and take walks, but the weather is NOT cooperating. It reminds me of the year that DJ was born when it was miserably hot outside well into the fall and then one day the temp dropped into the 40s and didn't come back up until spring. I'd rather ease into winter than be thrust into it.

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

Sorry Dani, looks like we're not friends anymore... lol. But if it makes a difference, it was a gift!? :)

Sassytimes said...

I really need to start decorating for things other than Christmas. I feel like everything goes so fast though and with 2 little ones, I just don't have the time to keep it up. Sigh.