Anyways...
I've mentioned my friend Kelly several times on here, I think. But I've never done an actual post about her... who the heck she is, how we met, how we're still friends, etc. So here we go.
Our parents went to the same church together before we were born. They became best buds, hung out all of the time, had parties, and have some fun pictures to show for it (all at my mom's house though... sorry!).
When I was born, Kelly's parents (Stephanie and Brian) became my Godparents. They've done an awesome job, btw. They're my home away from home, and I know that I always have someone to go to for help if I need it. They prayed faithfully over me, gave me advice, and spent a ton of time with me as a kid.
Kelly came along about a year after me, and the same went for her... my parents became her Godparents as well.
(I'm on the right)
Since our parents hung out so much, our friendship was kind of inevitable. Over the years, we've had countless sleepovers, spent hours chatting on the phone (much to her dad's dismay... "What do you two have to talk about for that long??"), came up with some pretty creative adventures for Barbie, babysat our brothers and sisters, gone on vacations together, went to the prom, stayed up late planning our weddings (when we were 15), agonized over boy problems, planned my wedding (she was my MOH), had a stupid fight or two, had plenty of double dates, decorated more Christmas trees than I can count, were there for eachother's grandparents' funerals, welcomed my first baby, and overall... just been there.
Now that we're both all grown up (although some may argue with that), we don't get to hang out as much as we'd like. The one awesome thing about having a best friend? It doesn't matter. We can go for a good two months without talking, then randomly pick up the phone and talk as if no time has passed. For example, I called her on her birthday a few months ago. It was snowing, and we were both stuck at home. She was reading in her pj's, I was cuddled up in bed watching tv, and we ended up talking for 3 hours.
She's an absolute blast to hang out with. She'll make you laugh, and you're sure to have fun with her whatever you're doing.
(I was spending the night with Kelly one night after Brad left for his mission. In an attempt to cheer me up, we had a sleepover and made cookies to send to him. Unfortunately, we somehow burnt the bottom of the cookies. We refused to throw them away, so we took turns scraping off the burnt parts. Turns out, you have to bake cookies differently when you send them to Colorado. Apparently, the evelation has an odd effect. Brad opened up his package to find cookie dust. Oh well. We still had fun making them.)
(the infamous Queen Esther for "All Hallows Eve" at church)
And a bunch of other totally random pictures...
She and her boyfriend Brad (yep, we both have Brad's) are coming over for dinner tonight. It's a much needed reunion. We haven't hung out with the both of them since I was pregnant!



2 comments:
The other thing about your BFF's when you have a knock down drag out fight to the point where you aren't the MOH for her wedding but you make up and still make it into the wedding and she's till your BFF you know you're friends for life, true story :)
Great pictures, ahhh the memories!!
Post a Comment