Seriously, guys... like, all 2 of you... you won't be interested in reading this one. It involves all kinds of fun "lady issues". Yay.
...
Ok, so maybe some of you ladies out there can help me diagnose myself. I probably should just go see a doctor. I'm due to see a primary one anyway, just for a regular check-up. However, I can say I'm very healthy. I applied for life insurance, had a nurse come out to check me, and they determined I was so healthy, they bumped me up to some sort of awesome life insurance status, designated for only their most healthiest customers (ie. least likely to die). So I know my all around health is pretty darn good.
But here's my problem...
I keep going through these phases where I'm totally wiped out. Like serious fatigue. Like pregnancy fatigue. During the phase, I'll get random headaches, and I feel a tiny bit nauseous.
NO, I'm not pregnant. There's honestly no way. If so, we'd have more problems than just the fact that I'd have two very close in age babies.
But I'm wondering if it's my BC? I'm on Mirena right now (told you there's no way I'm preggo), and some of the side effects are the things I listed. But I've been on it for over a year now. I have noticed a trend. Whenever I start working out again (P90x, long power walks, etc) and eating really healthy (lots of salads, fruit, veggies, healthy cereal, etc), I can last for about a week. The following week... BAM. I'm out. I can get a good 8-9 hours of sleep and still want to crawl back in bed. And it's that achey tired. Like every bone in my body is screaming at me to go back to sleep.
I haven't had a visit from good ole aunt flo since last Christmas (yay me)... but can I still get the pms symptoms?? And if... in the .00000001% chance that I would be pregnant, what in the world would my signs be if this is how I am normally??
I'm so confused.
Eventually, after a week or so of not doing much, I snap out of it and can slowly start working out again. But this on again/off again routine is a pain. I want to exercise consistently and actually get a little further a little more quickly. During this whole fatigue week, I still try to stick to a healthy diet so I don't gain any weight back. But I'm at a loss as to what's causing it and what to do about it?
Any ideas??
Maybe I should just go see a doctor. But if any of you ladies have any great insight, I'd love to hear it.
4 comments:
BC is such a tricky thing. Yes you can have the symptoms without the actual visit, I don't remember the last time I had mine but I struggle with PMS every month. Because this is consistent I would say go see the doctor, it might be the BC or might be something else and a doctor needs to evaluate. Good luck!!!
i agree with charbelle:) ALSO, you do need to go to the doctor to have a panel of labs drawn..checking things like your thyroid, anemia, mono, etc. all of which are treatable:) it is called "practicing" medicine, because it really is just that:) sometimes things can be diagnosed due to classic symptoms, but things that are vague need to have more data so you can "rule out" things.
That will be 50$.
:)
It sounds like PMS to me too (without the Aunt Flo). Are you anemic? It's the only other thing I can think of.
Feel better mama! :-)
P.S. I have horrific pms. I feel your pain...
I think it's just PMS then. Because it goes away after about a week. And I crave chocolate. But I crave it all of the time, so I guess that's not a good indicator, huh?
Thanks Anna. lol. I actually had my blood taken when they did the insurance thing. I'm pretty sure they analyzed the heck out of it, and everything came back perfect. But like I said, I'm going to go to the regular Dr soon anyway, just in case.
And Heather, no I'm not anemic. They actually tested me for that before too. I used to get bad cramps, black out, be reeeeeally cold very easily, etc. But no anemia. Just a weirdo. :)
Thanks for the input yall!
Post a Comment