Noah picked up some germs this week and brought them home. He's a stuffy, sneezy mess. Last night, he had a 100 degree temp, but after some Tylenol, we got it back down to 98. He's coughing his little head off, which is just sad when they're this little. Because as much as I'd looove to give him some Dimetap (that stuff is so gross... anyone else take that nasty junk as a kid?) or Benedryl or something. But even in all his heftiness, he's not quite big or old enough to take any yet. So today, I went with a natural remedy. I took 1 tsp of honey, 1 Tbsp of lemon juice, a tiny bit of water, used one of those dropper things, and he drank two teaspoons of it. Without even making a face. Told ya, the kid likes weird stuff. Healthy stuff, but odd nonetheless. But y'know what? It worked!
He stopped coughing and went down for an almost 3 hour nap. He actually has been sleeping pretty well through it. He'll wake up a couple of times and cough, but that's it so far. Oh, and early this morning, he was wimpering in his sleep (how pitiful...).
But this sick stuff has him sleeping. A lot. Yesterday, he didn't wake up until 12pm. Today? 11:15am. And he's been going down for a nap around 5ish both days just fine, sleeping for over 2 hours, and then going to bed around 1am.
I'm kind of a night owl anyway, so I don't mind much. Except that it kinda stinks when your husband is out by 11, and you've still got at least another hour left.
Speaking of the husband, the other night, he couldn't find his keys for work, and he had to be there in like 20 minutes. He was panicking. He couldn't just borrow mine, because he has "special keys" that if he loses? He's fired. So yeah. Panic mode.
I'd just spent the whole day making the house look nice. I even had lit a couple of candles that evening. Toys were put away, rooms were dusted, and laundry was done. I felt pretty darn proud of myself.
And then Brad lost his keys.
He upturned everything.
Couch cushions. Toy bins. Laundry hampers. Bed sheets!
I kept calm and just continued to help him search.
And then he asked me, "What did you throw out today?" Nervously, I told him only a couple of small plastic bags. Off he went...
Next thing I know, I hear the outside trash and recycling containers getting wheeled into the driveway. My mouth is literally hanging open as I watch him dump the contents out. Seriously, crap was everywhere. And of course, no keys.
Where were they? They'd fallen off the arm of the couch upstairs and were hiding under a photo album. Which means right after he located them, he rushed out the door. He made this massive mess and then left. If it hadn't have been so he could support our little family, he would've been sooooo dead. I cleaned most of it up. But I definitely left the trash for him.
I took pictures, but I just can't bring myself to show them. That and the fact that my camera isn't around me, and I'm too lazy to go get it, upload pictures, resize, and upload again. All just for you to see my home in shambles. Totally not worth it.
I think I may be the first mother in history that's complaining about her kid eating too healthy. And I'm honestly, promise to the good Lord above, not being all smug and braggy. I have literally changed 6 poopy diapers today.Yesterday, Noah would only eat blueberries, grapes, and peas. Yep. Go ahead. Count the grams of fiber in that. His rear end is stained blue. I tried to feed him other stuff, but he won't take it. PB&J? He ate like two bites. I finally got him a blueberry scone today from Starbucks, but he still didn't eat much of it. For dinner, I was lucky enough to get him to eat a banana (with a side of lima beans). I guess the plus side to all this is that he's most likely getting rid of whatever germs he has pretty fast. Right? Isn't that how it works? Sorry, I majored in sociology...
And with that, I'm going to bed.
I'm pooped. HAHA. So clever.
4 comments:
Poor Noah! I hope he feels better soon.
You should have taken a picture of the mess, anyway. It would have made me feel better about my house :-).
C2 has a weakness for dried fruit. I remember a particular incident where she went crazy snacking on prunes. Luckily this was LONG after she was out of diapers, so she was the only one inconvenienced by her frequent bowel movements. I'm still afraid to buy prunes because neither one of us can resist them!
I hope he's feeling better. Henry has a cold now too. I think he caught it on the plane. :-(
Poor Noah :( I hope he's feeling better!! Oh my goodness that sounds like a mess!! Award for you on my blog :)
Post a Comment