We spent the afternoon with my dad on Sunday. My dad works a lot (which has recently changed! he started getting weekends off! woohoo!), and with our crazy schedules, it's sometimes hard for him to get some good one-on-one time with Noah.
We were originally supposed to go for dinner, but it was such a nice day out, and Noah messed his sleeping schedule up. I was afraid he'd fall asleep right when we were supposed to leave. So with the temps in the high 70s, we got all spontaneous and headed over to my dad's early.
We were originally supposed to go for dinner, but it was such a nice day out, and Noah messed his sleeping schedule up. I was afraid he'd fall asleep right when we were supposed to leave. So with the temps in the high 70s, we got all spontaneous and headed over to my dad's early.
While we were hanging out in the back yard, my dad suddenly remembered that Harrison (my lil bro) still had an old play lawn mower up in the attic. He ran and got it, and of course, it was a hit.

And while Noah thought it was cool and all,
it was way more fun when his Granddaddy chased him with it!


Behind my dad's house is a main road. It used to be pretty quiet, but as with most small towns, growth hit hard. Like seriously, it feels like the whole nation has moved here. Plus side? Lots of cars and trucks are fun to look at up close (to a toddler).


Then we went for a walk... mostly because Noah kept running down the driveway to check out the street.
By the end of the day, I'm pretty sure my dad had found himself a new best bud.
He's just waiting for the go ahead from me to take Noah fishing. And hunting (absolutely not). And eating lots of junk and sweet tea (my dad knows how I feel about that stuff. He's totally kidding... sort of.
I think he just likes to see me squirm).









2 comments:
Your pictures look great.
That last picture (all of them really) is priceless!! So sweet to see!!! I also love the new header!!!
Post a Comment