I just wanted to take this opportunity to inform you that....
I have nothing witty to say.
I don't know what's wrong with me, but my brain is completely fried. Empty. Totally lacking in smartness.
I blame it on childbirth.
Before I had a kid, I was all kinds of smart. I ran a flippin' company when my bosses would leave town for two months (they still did stuff from their fancy smancy home in Martha's Vineyard, but I was the one left behind to handle the daily stuff).
See??? I used the word "stuff" twice in the same sentence. The grammar geek in me is hanging her head in shame.
I can't spell. My vocabulary is seriously struggling. Gasping for air as my brain tells it to go drown itself. I'm turning into the world's most unorganized mother ever. I forget things like diapers and extra clothes when we go to the pool. The best one?? I forgot towels. I forgot to bring towels to a POOL. What happened to all my intellect? I used to be smart. I used to be able to get things done. I made lists and paid bills on time and could rattle off a bajillion different random facts and quotes.
I'm in the process of trying to plan a party as cheaply as possible. My kid is having some "issues" (ones I'm not quite ready to discuss yet). I'm trying to get ahead on housework, but the dogs are hot so there's fur on my floor and Noah likes to fling folded laundry and then he wants to make cookies (to which I explain there's no way) and then the husband wants to know why I spent $20 on glow sticks and Pop Rocks... to which I responded with, "Afafsdgsgnk" since my brain has totally checked itself out.
I think my brain is sending me a message: stop. I need to just stop thinking so much for awhile. I have this issue where if there are a lot of issues to worry about, I think about them all. All at one time. I think if I could just focus on one at a time, I'd be much better off.
So yeah. This is why you keep getting photo blog posts. Partly because I want to document, but also because I'm totally lacking in cleverness. It's like one big long brain fart.
I hope you'll still be my friend. :)
3 comments:
Totally understand! I'm really good at ABC's and counting but ask me anything harder and I'm sure you won't get any where near an intelligent answer. Good luck with all your 'stuff', being a mom adds so much to your plate...just have to keep what's most important to your family in prospective and not stress your self out over the small stuff. We miss you guys...Ryry's been talking about 'Oah' a lot. :)
Children DO suck all of your brainpower.
And I understand the 'too many things going on at once' thing. Summer is crazy for us (hence, me not blogging much either). I am planning way too many things at once and am on overload. I can't think straight.
I hope life slows down soon for you!
I was reminded on Saturday how much organization a small person requires, OH MY WORD!!! Towels/Diapers/Clothes/Food/Sunscreenetc etc etc..... oh my :)
someday your brain will be yours again!!!
Post a Comment