To Noah:
Today you are 2 years old.
I'm almost at a loss for words.
I couldn't have asked for a more perfect little boy. You are the sweetest, most lovable thing.
At two years old...
- you love "studying" things. You stare and inspect and get this super cute "thinking face" where your eyebrows are all furrowed and your lips are pursed tight in thought. You enjoy anything that requires movement: water wheels, fans, steering wheels, wagons, etc.
- your favorite things to play with are cars, playdoh, ramps, dirt, sticks, bead mazes (your favorite!), anything musical like drums or pianos, and anything with lots of buttons to push.
- you LOVE to read. You now pretend to read to us, which is always entertaining. And although you don't say many real words yet... you're awfully serious about what you're babbling about.
- I think you're going to be a very musically oriented kid. You really enjoy singing and playing music. Drums, guitars, pianos... as long as it plays a tune, you're happy.
- You love being tickled. Often you'll grab my hand and put it where you want me to tickle you. Your favorite spot to be tickled is under your neck.
- Favorite songs (with motions/signs): Jesus Loves Me (you think it's funny when we sign "the Bible tells me so"), Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, Pop Goes the Weasel, Itsy Bitsy Spider.
- Favorite foods: Annie's Cheddar Bunnies, graham crackers, ice cream, lima beans, Annie's pasta shells with white cheddar, cantaloupe, watermelon, apples, bananas, grapes, PB&J, grilled cheese sandwich, toast with grape jelly (but you'll only eat bread if it's whole wheat... trust me, we've tried), blueberries (you prefer them frozen and then thawed), Stoneyfield YoKids yogurt, chips of any kind (favorites are tortilla and kettle), french fries (you can thank your daddy for that one...), ice cream, cookie dough, blueberry muffins/scones from Panera/Starbucks, peanut butter, and peas.
- More favorites: airplanes, bath time, bubbles, fans, Curious George, spinning in circles until you're so dizzy you fall down, cars/trucks, sand, the trampoline, the puppies, fountains, helping mommy bake, playing ball on the stairs, pretending to vacuum the patio with your play lawn mower, bouncing, singing, anything dirty, and especially... your blue cloud blanket.
- Words you say: "nah nah" (banana), "mama", "dada", "bah-pe" (bath), "iiiice" (outside), "a-bah" (airplane)... and I think you're trying to say puppy, but I can't tell yet. You also sign "more", "mama", and "daddy" well.
You are such a joy.
Not just to me and Daddy, but to everyone you meet. Ever since you were a tiny baby, you've been all smiles with strangers. You are such a loving little thing. You offer your toys to friends; you don't mind sharing. And these are the qualities that makes this mama proud.
I don't care if you're potty trained really early or if you make straight A's in every subject when you're older. What's most important to me is your character.
I want you to have a servant's heart. To see the good in others and to always be willing to help or to give. I want you to be a strong man of God... to defend those who are weak, to treat others with respect, to handle tough times with grace and honor, to accept instruction well, to learn from your mistakes, to extend forgiveness even when you don't feel like it, to walk with integrity, to love not only the ones who are like you but also those who are very different from you, to stand strong, to be your own person and not "follow the crowd", to have a healthy balance of humility and self-confidence, to always do what Jesus would want you to do, to love the Lord with all your being, to be thankful in every circumstance, and most of all to celebrate life. Because in the end, these are what truly matter most.
You already have such a kind heart.
I have no doubt that you are going to grow into an amazing, sweet hearted little boy.
And today, we celebrate your life.
It is a privilege to be your mom.
You bring me so much joy and love, more than I could have ever imagined. Watching you grow has been more fulfilling than anything else I've ever done.
We love you so so much.
Happy Birthday, sweet boy!
Love,
Your Mommy
(Daddy too)
***
- Favorite songs (with motions/signs): Jesus Loves Me (you think it's funny when we sign "the Bible tells me so"), Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, Pop Goes the Weasel, Itsy Bitsy Spider.
- Favorite foods: Annie's Cheddar Bunnies, graham crackers, ice cream, lima beans, Annie's pasta shells with white cheddar, cantaloupe, watermelon, apples, bananas, grapes, PB&J, grilled cheese sandwich, toast with grape jelly (but you'll only eat bread if it's whole wheat... trust me, we've tried), blueberries (you prefer them frozen and then thawed), Stoneyfield YoKids yogurt, chips of any kind (favorites are tortilla and kettle), french fries (you can thank your daddy for that one...), ice cream, cookie dough, blueberry muffins/scones from Panera/Starbucks, peanut butter, and peas.
- More favorites: airplanes, bath time, bubbles, fans, Curious George, spinning in circles until you're so dizzy you fall down, cars/trucks, sand, the trampoline, the puppies, fountains, helping mommy bake, playing ball on the stairs, pretending to vacuum the patio with your play lawn mower, bouncing, singing, anything dirty, and especially... your blue cloud blanket.
- Words you say: "nah nah" (banana), "mama", "dada", "bah-pe" (bath), "iiiice" (outside), "a-bah" (airplane)... and I think you're trying to say puppy, but I can't tell yet. You also sign "more", "mama", and "daddy" well.
You are such a joy.
Not just to me and Daddy, but to everyone you meet. Ever since you were a tiny baby, you've been all smiles with strangers. You are such a loving little thing. You offer your toys to friends; you don't mind sharing. And these are the qualities that makes this mama proud.
I don't care if you're potty trained really early or if you make straight A's in every subject when you're older. What's most important to me is your character.
I want you to have a servant's heart. To see the good in others and to always be willing to help or to give. I want you to be a strong man of God... to defend those who are weak, to treat others with respect, to handle tough times with grace and honor, to accept instruction well, to learn from your mistakes, to extend forgiveness even when you don't feel like it, to walk with integrity, to love not only the ones who are like you but also those who are very different from you, to stand strong, to be your own person and not "follow the crowd", to have a healthy balance of humility and self-confidence, to always do what Jesus would want you to do, to love the Lord with all your being, to be thankful in every circumstance, and most of all to celebrate life. Because in the end, these are what truly matter most.
You already have such a kind heart.
I have no doubt that you are going to grow into an amazing, sweet hearted little boy.
And today, we celebrate your life.
It is a privilege to be your mom.
You bring me so much joy and love, more than I could have ever imagined. Watching you grow has been more fulfilling than anything else I've ever done.
We love you so so much.
Happy Birthday, sweet boy!
Love,
Your Mommy
(Daddy too)
***





9 comments:
No! He cannot be 2 already! oh my goodness, have such a special day with your boys!
Happy Birthday sweet Noah, hugs and kisses!!!!! Oh Hailey time flies way too quickly!!!! Have a wonderful day today!!!
Beautiful post! I remember visiting you guys when he was just DAYS old! Now, please tell me, where has the time gone???? That seems like FOREVER ago!!!! He is a cutie pie. Love his smile. I think something we all need are more Noah videos!!!! Happy Birthday, Noah!!!
This is so sweet! Happy Birthday to your little man!
Happy Birthday to your sweet little boy! What a cutie.
What a sweet post! I cannot wait to be a mom to my little boy :) Happy Birthday to Noah!
Happy Birthday Noah! We love you and miss you!
awww happy birthday noah! have a wonderful day celebrating!!!
Happy belated Birthday to your sweet little man. :-)
I love what you wish for him.
Post a Comment