Yes, I know that getting married isn't all about the wedding.
It's about the love, commitment, blahblahblah.
Just kidding.
But I spend 364 days out of the year focusing on my marriage.
So just for today, I'm going to be all girly and share some of our wedding. Because if I could go back, I'd invite all the friends I've made in the last four years (that means you!). But since that's kind of impossible, I figured I'd share a little bit of our day with you now.
(really, y'all know I love Brad. It's the fun bridal stuff you wanted to see anyway, right?)
The details:
Flowers - assorted roses, gardenias, baby's breath.
Flower Girl - my cousin
Bridesmaids - friends from work and relatives
Maid of Honor - my bff
Groomsmen - friends and relatives
Best Man - my brother
Best Man - my brother
Officiant - my youth pastor (I also graduated HS with one of his sons)
Music - prelude: harp, seating of grandmothers/mothers: "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring", interlude/solo: "My Redeemer Lives" (Natalie Grant version, sung by friend from church; Jess, you may recognize her), carriage processional: "Carol of the Bells" (George Winston), processional: "The Wedding Song" (Kenny G... don't judge, it's pretty), bridal processional: "Pachabel's Canon in D", recessional: "All You Need is Love" (The Beatles)
Scripture: Jeremiah 29:11
Special Touches
- my bouquet had a small Bible and handkerchief that my great-grandmother gave me when I was born incorporated in it.
- Two roses were placed to the right of us in honor of my late granddaddy (the one in the Veteran's Day picture) and Brad's older brother Rob.
- we had a sand ceremony, and the bottom layer was filled with sand from Kiawah (where Brad and I use to go every year with my family)
I just chose to share the first part of our wedding video, since it shows the majority of the fun stuff.
Credit goes to Crown Alley for the footage and putting it all together.
If you're in the Charlotte area and need a great videographer, he was amazing to work with.
I just chose to share the first part of our wedding video, since it shows the majority of the fun stuff.
Credit goes to Crown Alley for the footage and putting it all together.
If you're in the Charlotte area and need a great videographer, he was amazing to work with.
2 comments:
Oh Hailey thank you so much for sharing!!!! Y'all looked so gorgeous!!!! It was so much fun to see this!!!!
Thank you for sharing! What a beautiful day! Congrats!
Post a Comment