Friday, January 20, 2012

Confessions

1. I just now, as in about a month ago, got a phone that has the ability to text. Yep, people. I've officially entered the year 2003. But to be fair, my ol' reliable Razr technically did let me text there for a little while. Then it freaked at the thought of communicating with devices like Androids and iPhones, so it panicked and quit. It's a little sad how excited I get when I hear my phone ding now.

2. Having a kid has made me so much more weepy than I used to be. Like, I cry at everything... like those cheesy Hallmark commercials, for example. I mean, it used to just be shows like Extreme Makeover Home Edition that did it. Y'know, the ones that get everyone teary. And those specials where the dads surprise their families after being in Iraq? Sob. But now? I got boo-hooey at that Amazon commercial with the little girl and the cardboard box. I need help.

3. I have a creepy doll collection. Okay, they aren't creepy to me. But to most other people, they are. It started when I was a baby. My grandparents gave me a Madame Alexander doll. And then for the next 20 years, I got one on my birthday and Christmas from both my grandparents and my parents. You do the math. I like them. I mean, I better, because those things ain't cheap. And they're special, since they were gifts. But they freak Brad out... and most other guests.

4. I admit I sometimes to get a tad bit relieved/excited when plans are cancelled. Brad and I tend to be loners. Not always... I mean, we have friends that we love to be around. But every once in a while, it's nice to suddenly have an unexpected free evening to get in our pj's, cuddle up, and watch a movie.


5. When I run, I like to listen to rap/hiphop with some, sometimes, questionable lyrics. I can't help it. The beat is easy to run to, and it puts me in a good mood. On the other hand, I like to listen to some "angry girl" music as well. Give me a little bit of Alanis, and I get all girl-powerish, ready to run with a vengeance. (But not the whiney angry girl kind. That's a downer) A favorite of mine right now is this Glee Adele mashup. Fun beat with a little attitude. :)


Happy FRIDAY!!

7 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

I run to questionable lyrics too which is funny when ry runs with my shuffle and comes home asking about my music preferences. Hahaa. We are home bodies too. We love just hanging out at home. Going out takes so much effort!!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

omg. I am like that about plans, too! How awful! hahaha

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

That quote is SO TRUE! I love to go out but sometimes just don't feel like it!

The Life of Susan said...

i am the same way with my running music! haha! sometimes i wonder if i should feel really bad about it considering my position in church leadership. haha. but i need something to keep me going! lol

Kendra said...

I SO get #4!! As much as I love being around others, I love cuddling in my pj's more :)

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

So sweet of you to indulge my "who are you?" curiosity! Thank you! I absolutely LOVE cancelled plans. The homebody in me just rejoices at unexpected down time.

xo,
Linsey

Jess said...

I'm a huge fan of cancelled plans.

And man, does my running playlist have some nasty music. Nelly. Kesha. Linkin park. And so much more I can't listen to unless I'm running.