Friday, January 13, 2012

Rainy Days

This week has been one sopping wet mess.
Since it's been so nasty out, this week included several trips to the mall and a trip to the children's museum. Thankfully, Brad had a couple days off this week, so he got to be a part of our mall trips.

But first, the kids' museum.
I've written a few times about DPK, so by now, it's probably old news to most of y'all. However, this little guy is still all about this place. He made the usual rounds... airplane, fire truck, tractor, submarine.

Noah really gets a kick out of everything there. The best part is that if you go on a weekday, even if it's raining, it's pretty empty. So Little Man gets to run around to different exhibits without fighting for a chance to play.









I think this is the first decent submarine shot I've gotten. It's just so dark in there!
But Noah loves all of the switches and lights.


Wednesday evening, we headed on over to one of our favorite malls.
Noah is an absolute angel walking around. And I'm not just saying that because I'm his mom. He doesn't fight to get away, and he's content just watching everyone and everything. He holds on to our hands, and even though we have to walk at a snail's pace, it's so darn cute. Most of the time, we don't even have to bring a stroller, but since this is a bigger mall, we decided to anyway.


While we were there, we hit the Stride Rite store, just to see if they had any great sales. We ended up getting these cute sneakers for $20! Oh, and my baby is officially a size 9W. I'm thinking he'll be six feet tall by the time he's eight.
Check out the new kicks:


And of course, no mall trip is complete without a ride on the escalator.
Noah's eyes literally search the mall until we find one.


While we were there, we saw Brad from the future. Yep, 85 year old Brad was wandering the mall.
(my husband's a huge Steelers fan)


While we were there, we got a pre-dinner snack.
If you haven't tried yoforia, you don't know what you're missing.
And yes, it's much much better than TBCY or any of the other ones (in my opinion).
The fruit is fresh, not frozen mush.
It's our favorite, so every time we hit this mall, it's a given that we're getting some frozen yogurt.




And because we're all kinds of responsible, we let our kid get rid of some energy by running around the fountain. But he's a good kid. He never veered off his pre-approved race track.
In fact, he and Brad made a game out of it. It was pretty hysterical, and the kiosk people were getting a kick out of watching them. On a boring, rainy day, I think they were happy to finally get some entertainment.



To top the night off, we ended it with some dinner at Panera's.
Noah looks like he's having a blast, doesn't he?
(sorry about the blurry baby. Brad's still figuring out the camera...)


Actually, Noah loves Panera.
That boy can seriously put away some kettle chips.


So that's how we solve the rainy day blues.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
xoxo


5 comments:

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Great pics!! I see that you're copy-righting them which is so smart. You look so pretty in that pic!! You need Brad to take some more of you & Noah. ;-)

Ben and Sara said...

Oh how we miss Discovery Place Kids! That place was my lifesaver while living at the in laws :). Love, love, love your pictures...I need to get me a fancy camera.

The Life of Susan said...

great pictures! glad you managed to get in at least one of them pretty mama! :)

Charbelle said...

I really like your new water mark!! Wonderful pictures!!! DPK is just the coolest place, I really want to go back!!!

Jess said...

Yay watermark! Also. Your work is improving. A lot. Nice job!