Things I've learned as a mom...
- I am my baby's best advocate.
- Never underestimate the "Momma Bear" instinct... I just about drop-kicked a 5 year old at Monkey Joe's the other day. Noah was headed towards a slide, and she (out of nowhere) tackled him and wouldn't let go.
- Doctor's don't always know everything. Trust that mom instinct, even if it doesn't make sense to anyone else.
- McDonalds french fries, every once in a while, will not completely ruin my boy's eating habits.
- Time is more important to him than a clean house.
- Investing in some Shout is investing in my own sanity.
- Don't introduce markers before crayons. Noah doesn't like crayons as much, because the colors aren't as vibrant. Thank goodness they're washable.
- Find at least one good group of mom friends.
- Thank my husband often for working at a cool place like Target, so that my favorite quick getaway spot also comes with a little discount. :)
- Enjoy it, even the baby stage where he doesn't sleep. It goes by way too fast and before you know it, he's too busy (and strong) to stick around for lots of kisses.
6 comments:
Excellent list. I would add to it:
-buy all the same kind of sippy cups so that you're never looking for matching lids (I only recently discovered this and it's changed my life)
-find a way to get a little bit of alone time every once in a while.
-when you talk about their dad while he's at work make him sound like an absolute hero.
(I keep getting more ideas. I may have to steal this idea for a post. ;)
Okay, "investing in Shout is investing in my own sanity" just made me laugh out loud. So true!
Awesome list! And thanks for the info about crayons before markers - I'll have to try to remember that :)
I love this. And good to know about crayons v. markers. I'd have done the same thing and Ella would have reacted the same way, I can already tell.
Truth.
Love this! I totally agree with you on the fries! :-)
Post a Comment