Our Easter was pretty much perfect. Except for the part where Noah had a complete and utter meltdown for no apparent reason as we were trying to show him his Easter basket. Consequently, I'm not sure he's even noticed most of the stuff he got. But he definitely saw his new Thomas toy and hasn't put it down since.
Oh and the part where Brad had to work overnight into Easter wasn't so great.
Then there was the fact that all of that holiday fun wore Noah slap out, so he fell asleep in the car at 5 o'clock and refused to wake up for two hours, meaning we were all up till 1am last night.
Or when a certain someone got into the leftover dyed Easter eggs.
Perfect.
Our church decided to have two services, the later one being at 10:45, so we got to take our time getting ready. Brad was able to get a nap in. I didn't expect him to come to church with us, since I knew he'd be exhausted. But I guess all the holiday excitement woke him up enough to be okay.
I swear if they gave awards for best dressed toddler on Easter, Noah would've won. I can't tell you how many sweet looks and compliments he got. Really, it was all because of the hat. Without it, he would've looked pretty normal. :)
After church, Noah begged for a cupcake (which we figured out was the cause of the meltdown) before we left for my grandparents' house, getting frosting all over his outfit. Needless to say, the Easter clothes didn't make it to the party.
I think Easter may be my favorite holiday get-together at my grandparents. Hands down.
It's the most relaxed event we have. Because we're all grown, people just trickle in throughout the early afternoon, grabbing a plate as they arrive. Noah got brave and tried the mashed potatoes... then decided it was the grossest ice cream he'd ever tasted.
The weather is gorgeous, which means we spend lots of time outside.
Everyone is in a fantastic mood, due to the laid back atmosphere. The guys discuss important topics such as the Masters (yay Bubba!).
I put my camera down for once and joined my aunts and cousins on the back patio, while we talked about everything and nothing. Grandmothers loved on babies, and family guests volunteered to keep an eye on my busy toddler.
Oh, look what Granddaddy has! A massive pile of dirt!!
"But, Daddy. I wanted to play in the red mud..."
The whole day really was perfect.
And this week? We're getting ready for something fun! More later!
Also, official Easter pictures of Noah tomorrow!

















4 comments:
Fun! Does Noah take a nap during the day still or is he slowly cutting that out? Brinley is day to day with naps where she will pass out for 3 hours and then other days she won't nap longer than 1.5 hours. We are rarely ever out with her enough during the day to push naps aside but I'm sure she would totally have passed out in the car after a busy Easter day! The things I look forward to with not babysitting! Brin and I can drive out and about all day with no worries :-) every once in awhile of course!
I love how he's holding his little Thomas toy in every picture :)
I felt like we had the perfect Easter too, not including the great shoe meltdown of 2012 and the refrigerator that died... :)
So glad that y'all had such a wonderful time!!! I told D that I'm going to start using his camera on a regular basis so that on days like Sunday I will actually remember to pick the camera up and get pictures!
I enjoyed Easter more than ever this year too. Perfectly imperfect. :)
Post a Comment