Monday, April 2, 2012

Someone Got Hitched

Whew!

I'd forgotten how much goes in to weddings... the planning, the people, and trying to squeeze in every possible wedding-related festivity within a few days. But they're fun. So so fun.

One of my favorite friends got hitched over the weekend. Kelly and I have been best buds since... well... before we were born. We didn't have much of a choice. Our parents were best friends, and we were born only a year apart. It just made sense. Her family is my family (and vice versa), and I love them to death. Needless to say, there was no way I was going to miss this.

The fun began Friday morning. We all met at a salon to get our nails all beautified. The middle of the salon is actually a big circle and is perfect for big groups. You can get your mani/pedi and still talk to each other. It's great!

(this is Verna, a friend from high school)


 (the bride!)

(the bride's adorable sisters)




Saturday morning, most everyone was meeting at a salon to get their hair and makeup done. Because it was so far away and too expensive, I asked my stepsister to do mine. She does this for a living, and I'm SO glad she was willing to drive over and help me out. I think she did an amazing job.

Once at the church (I should also probably mention that this is my home church, where I grew up. I also went to school here from Pre-K to 12th. The school is no longer there, so they have revamped the place. It looks amazing!), we just hung out, ate some snacks, and made sure Kel was okay.




Kelly's mom specifically requested we reenact an infamous picture from my wedding day... where she said it looks like she's about to bite me. :)

 

Check out her gorgeous bouquet!
Her cousin made it. The deep purple flower is for her grandmother who recently passed away.


Here are the bridesmaid bouquets I helped make. Aren't they cute!?










Obviously, I was a bit busy during the ceremony, so I don't have any pictures from there.
I can't wait to see those, though.
I love weddings.
And I'm so glad I got to be a part of this one.
Congrats, Kelly!

3 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Gorgeous gorgeous!! Looooooove her dress! So flattering. The flowers looked so beautiful! Congrats to Kelly!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

You looked so beautiful!! And that picture of you and your mom is so funny. :-)

Charis Faith said...

I so looked forward to these pictures!!! Y'all look so gorgeous!!! LOVE her dress!!!!