***
The pictures from the "Photog Divas" event were finally put up on FB!
The blond I'm standing next to in most of these is my friend I met at the park. The lady in the cute white/pink dress on the bottom left is Critsey Rowe who heads up this whole thing (and is the one who did my wedding photos), and the woman on the right in that same picture is Kristin Vining. Again, I don't know how I'm even standing next to these people.
I'm so excited I met these ladies. One of them is hosting a charity event this Saturday where they offer free professional photography sessions to children who are either fighting cancer or survivors. I'm obviously not going to be one of the pros taking pictures, but I'm still excited to help out in whatever way I can!
***
I have no idea what's been going on over here lately, but both Brad and I felt like we'd gotten hit by a semi-truck all last week. I think our bodies are just having to adjust to the heat or something. I had zero energy. Like those first couple months of pregnancy, but I'm not pregnant. And neither is Brad.
***
Brad's coworkers didn't believe that he knows how to breakdance. So he busted a move in the empty Target store this week. Glad to know he's still got it.
***
Our buddy Chase came to town twice in the last week, in route to visit his family in CA. He's like the perfect guest too. He cleans up after himself, offers to help with Noah, and is so laid back about everything. If you know any lovely single ladies that aren't drama and you think I'd like, feel free to send them this way. :)
We (including Chase) are really hoping he gets to move back here soon. The majority of Brad's guy friends all moved away after high school and college. And while he does have other friends, Chase is one of the good ones that'll be around forever. So it'd be nice to have him back.
***
Last night, we had dinner at my grandparents' house.
My baby cousin (who now has a baby of his own) and little family will be leaving in a couple of months for Azerbaijan (it's in between Europe and Asia, above Iran. Don't worry, I didn't know either...). They're going to be there for two years doing missionary work, but since it's illegal to share their faith, my cousin will be teaching the people there computer type stuff and doing a lot of ministry work.
Anyway, last night, they offered to cook dinner for us... a traditional Azerbaijani meal. To be perfectly honest, my family has a very traditional palate. Meaning that they're happy with a burger, some cole slaw, and baked beans. But I was proud of all of us. Everyone was appreciative of all the hard work they put into making the meal, and we all gave it a try.
I think we were all pleasantly surprised. When they were describing it and mentioned things like grape leaves, lamb, and apricots & raisins in the rice; I have to admit, I was a little skeptical. But it was actually really good! I was very proud of my family. I felt very cultured.
[I'm doing the photo-a-day in June on instagram, and yesterday's was "on your plate". What great timing, no? :) If you want to follow along, it's @meandmyboys1.]
Plus, there was baklava for dessert, and I don't know anyone who doesn't love baklava.
However, there was a regular birthday cake for the little ones.
Noah was such a stinker. He didn't eat hardly any of his dinner, and I couldn't figure out why. I knew he should've been hungry. Little Man remembers his grandparents' house. While we were all talking, they were setting up dessert in the kitchen. Noah ran into the dining room, grabbed a spoon off the table, and rushed back in the kitchen.
Silly boy.
My aunt then proceeded to give him the biggest piece of cake EVER.
Luckily he only ate the frosting off of it. Otherwise, we might've had a mess on our hands during the drive home.
The rest of the weekend was pretty low key. Just spent some time as a family, which is always nice.
(Noah is now afraid of the train when it goes by. He likes it enough to stay, but not enough to let go of us. Poor baby)
I'm excited for a new week and lots of fun things planned.
Happy Monday!














1 comment:
What a fun weekend!! It looks like you found yourself a fun group of girls who share the same interest as you. That's so nice!!!
I love that kind of Mediterranean food. Yum. Yum.
Post a Comment