Friday, June 27, 2008

What happens when Brad's not around

I really need to get a move on with this blogging thing if I'm really going to be considered a "blogger".


So Brad is closing at the store every night this weekend, which is normally kinda sad. But I've managed to keep myself busy, and I've had the best time tonight just hanging out with myself. That sounds a little pathetic, doesn't it?


I went shopping for baby shower gifts, since I'm going to a DOUBLE baby shower on Sunday. Fun, fun! I love going to that section of the store. Everything's so teeny-tiny, and you can't help but smile at all the itty-bitty socks and mini-sized spoons, hats, towels...


...until you hear the inevitable cry of, "Mommy, pleease. Mommy, plllleeeeeeeeasse!!!! Just fawr dowars!!!" Mom answers, "No, tengo! No me gusta!" followed by, "AAAaaaaahhh!!! MOMMY PLLEEEASE!!!!"


and then you realize why you haven't decided to have one of these things yet. Which is why you decide to make your way over to the very cute dog-toy section. Because no matter what the price, your dog will not scream incessantly in your ear at the highest pitch known to man.


Anyways, so I walk into the aisle to check out, look up, and see my friend Michelle! What're the odds... except that we both are obsessed with Target, but still...


For some reason, I'm going on this baking rampage. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that Brad turns out to be a better chef than I, and I'm trying to redeem myself somehow. I told him that there's no way that our grandkids are going to come over someday and hope that their granddaddy will be cooking... not grandma... but granddad. That's just not acceptable.


So I'm fixing this.


Tonight, I baked a chocolate cake with whipped cream and cherry filling, then covered with whipped cream all over. I also made decorative chocolate designs to go on top. Then because I was decidedly on a rampage, I made chocolate truffles. Some plain, some covered in almonds, coconut, or coffee. Don't worry, my Mormon friends, it was decaf (and it was free in the hotel room on our honeymoon).


Why all of the chocolate?

Because if there's anything I know, it's chocolate. And out of all of the desserts I can bake, chocolate always seems to be my strong suit.


Brad hasn't gotten home yet, so the verdict is still out on how they actually taste. But I'll let you know once I find out.




1 comment:

Meagan said...

I HOPE THERE IS SOME LEFT!!!!

I'll see YOU this weekend :-)

Can't Wait!

Know that after this weekend, we both might have to make a serious blog!