Saturday, September 27, 2008

Craft Night

A few months ago, the ladies I work with started hosting "craft nights" every month (or so we try). We've done different things, but our most recent one was stamping. We had our little night at Jan's house, who if you've ever met Jan, she always outdoes herself... to the point of placecards and goody-bags. It's ridiculous, but so much fun. So anyways, we did stamping, and I brought my mom along this time. Michelle and Katie got to join us this time too, which was kinda fun. I wasn't the only one there under the age of... well, I won't say... but you get the idea. So we sat at the "kid table" while the adults had major supervision of Soni (the demonstrator) and Jan.

I wanted to take pictures, but my camera is broken. :( This actually poses a problem, since we're leaving for Cancun in a few days.

Anyways, so I couldn't take pictures of our cards or all of the elaborate food Jan prepared, but these are samples that are similar to what we did:


Impressive, isn't it?
The only difference is that we used Hershey kisses instead of marshmallows and made a Halloween bag instead of smores.
The card is just a basic idea of what we did. Ours actually looked better than that one, I think. So of course, I've gotten addicted this craft just like all my others (scrapbooking, candles, jewelry making, cooking, baking). So be prepared. No more store bought cards from me. Only the creative kind now! :)

No comments: