So I turn 26 next Monday, and it's really weirding me out, because I don't feel 26 at all. Obviously, I look back at everything I've been through even in just the last 9 or 10 years, and it shouldn't surprise me.
Most of it centers around Brad (shocker, I know), and we've just been through so darn much. I mean it's been almost 9 years that we technically started dating, then there's high school graduation, helping Brad take care of his mom all the time, helping out with his family, Kiawah/Charleston, babysitting all of the kids, watching him leave for his mission (on our anniversary), hating every second he was gone, then almost losing him to his health, being by his side at every Dr's appt and every hospital visit, recovering, dealing with religious differences, handling family drama, getting dogs, losing and gaining friends, breaking up, trying to figure out life without him, then getting back together, getting engaged, married, and now we're approaching our 1 year wedding anniversary. I mean, I've done enough to last a lifetime already and most of the major stuff happened during college years. While everyone else was out partying, I was sitting by my love's bedside praying he'd survive.
But surprisingly, I don't feel 26. I still feel 20, and it surprises me everytime somebody asks me how old I'm going to be.
But more importantly, when am I supposed to start lying about my age? At some point I'll have to just to protect my mom's age, which is a secret that only God and my grandmother really remember. I guess 26 is still kinda young.
We'll revisit this when I'm 30...
No comments:
Post a Comment