So I promised I would keep everyone updated, so here's the latest.
We went to the Dr on Wednesday. Nothing too major. She just checked my weight, listened to the heartbeat, and made sure I've been feeling ok. The baby's heartbeat clocked in this time in the 150's. Last time it was in the 170's, so of course, me knowing nothing about this kind of thing, I start worrying, but she assured me this is a normal rate. So I'm choosing to believe the lady that knows what she's doing.
Oh, forgot to mention something...
when the nurse checked my weight, I'd gained 3 lbs, which I was ok with, since I can tell I'm pregnant now. Also, since I lost 3 lbs last time, I figured this was ok. My Dr. said I was perfectly healthy and gaining at a great rate. Anyways, once I got off the scale, Brad started saying under his breath, "kaboom, kaboom" when I was walking to our room. I told him he was a terrible person for making fun of his pregnant wife who's only gained 3 lbs in 6 weeks. He said he was just playing (of course).
So after our little visit, he decided to check his weight on the scale before we checked out. I won't say how much he's gained, but let's just say that God has a GREAT sense of humor. :)
No more teasing coming my way anymore!! And he's now depressed and we're going to work out today when he gets home from work. hahaha
Anyways, back to the baby...
We're supposed to find out if the baby is a boy or girl in about 3 weeks. We're going in for a full anatomy scan and an echocardiagram just to make sure the baby's heart is developing fine. I'm a very positive thinker and always assume the best, but Brad has a reason to worry, so just to ease our minds (and I guess so the Dr is prepared in either case), we're having this done. So in the midst of all of this, we're supposed to find out what the baby is, as long as our little question mark cooperates.
1 comment:
I'm excited for you guys to find out what you are having in a few weeks. I hope you are feeling well, it's sound like everything is going pretty well with the pregnancy.
Post a Comment