Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth Fun

Hope everyone had a great July 4th!

We spent the weekend with family mostly. On Saturday, we met up for dinner at my grandparents' with the cousins, aunts, parents, etc to celebrate Brad's birthday. Usually, the family with the birthday boy/girl is responsible for bringing their cake, but since Brad isn't much of a sweet eater, I ended up making one of his favorites... Mexican bean dip! Obviously, you can't really stick candles in bean dip, so my grandmother made brownies and we used that as his cake. :)



Afterwards, we all piled in the car with my aunt, uncle, and cousins to go see the fireworks downtown. We also brought along Madison and Skyler. Unfortunately, where we parked wasn't so great. Buildings were in the way, so we couldn't see hardly anything. So instead, the kids played with sparklers and legal fireworks. It was still fun to hang out with the family.



Sorry, the picture isn't that great. It's from my aunt's phone, and I did my best to edit it to where you could see it better. Notice the girls' festive outfits. Skyler even had her nails painted red, white, and blue. :)
Since those fireworks were kind of a bust, we went back to my mom's and set off our own. Then last night, we went to a local country club to watch fireworks there, and they were amazing! Noah stayed pretty quiet, so I guess they didn't bother him. The only time he ever reacts to loud noises is when we go to the movies, but that could also be a reaction to the popcorn.

In baby news, I'm now on a weekly schedule until Noah finally comes. Last week, he measured perfectly. I was at week 34 and he was 34", so apparantly, that's exactly where he's supposed to be. This Wednesday, I'm doing the Group B Strep test, then next week, we'll get to see Noah one last time on the ultrasound before he makes his debut. My Dr just wants to make sure he's positioned right. It'll be fun to see how much he's grown since the last time we saw him a couple of months ago.

Only a few more weeks left to go!!

No comments: