Epiphany
Ok, so I realized what has been keeping Noah from falling asleep. Obviously, by now, you've heard how the poor baby gets gassy. He's had this issue since he was born (he takes after his daddy... HA, Brad will love me for that).
His "I've got gas" face So after watching him closely today and thinking about last night (NOT a good night... 5:30am was our bedtime), I realized that the gas may be to blame. Not just because it's irritating his tummy. We've been giving him the infant gas drops and they've helped the uncomfortableness. The problem is that he tends to make noises that really shouldn't be coming out of something so little. These noises tend to wake him up after slightly dozing off. Brad thinks it's hysterical. I'm leaning more towards inconvenient (but when are babies ever worried about convenience?). The reason I've decided this is the issue is because it's now 1am, and he's fast asleep!! Not his normal bedtime AT ALL! He's been trying to go to sleep since 11pm, but like I said, it's hard to sleep when loud noises keep you awake... especially if you're causing them. Anyway, yes, I know what everyone is thinking, "So what are you doing on here?? Go to bed!!" Now comes a whole new problem. Brad was sweet enough to let me sleep today after working overnight last night. I slept till 1pm and would've slept longer if I didn't have to go to the Dr. He then stayed up with Noah till I got home around 4:30pm. So I let him go to bed and have tried to keep any interruptions to a minimum (he's done this for me everyday this week). I'm in need of a shower, and no, I can't skip it. I'm a clean freak, especially when it comes to me. And honestly, I've never gone this many consecutive days without makeup since I was 15. So here I sit, waiting for Brad to wake up.It's ok. This is still afternoon time to my body clock. If it weren't dangerous, I'd take Noah for a walk. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment