
Anyone remember where they were? I was 7 years old, and I woke up towards the beginning of it. My mom took me downstairs to look watch it for a few minutes. I remember thinking I'd never seen so much water. It was the coolest thing ever. Tree limbs were flying and rain was practically coming down sideways. I wasn't scared, but I was really worried about our cat who stayed outside. Our power was obviously out, so my dad got candles and flashlights. We said a quick prayer for the Lord to protect us and everyone else, including Puffy the cat.
Brad says he remembers going outside for a few minutes to see it. Of course he would. :)
4 comments:
Dang! That sounds so intense! I have never been in a hurricane, only lots and lots of rain from living in Seattle! hahaha
Loving the new blog layout, by the way.
I remember that night vividly. I was the first to wake up. Then a tree hit the house and woke everyone else up. It was awesome being young going through that, because it was cool instead of scary! Except for Brad however, he cried like a baby saying, "Hurricane no eat me, hurricane no eat me!" Remember that Brad? And by the way, I hate Band Wagon Haters also!!!
Ben
I remember hearing the sirens and thinking that I was dreaming them :-). I also remember that some of my coworkers had to shower at work.
Post a Comment