Monday, October 12, 2009

Fun Times with the Grandparents

Brad had this past weekend off, plus he took off Thursday. You already heard the sad story from Thursday, so I won't go over that again. I'm just glad Brad was home, because poor little Noah was so upset and I'm not sure I could've handled it all on my own. However, the weekend got much better after that.

Friday, we went to visit my MamMaw Mills, which is my mom's mom. She still had not met Noah, for several reasons. First, she lives in Troutman, which is a good hour away from our house. Second, she won't drive at night, nor did she want to try finding our house all by herself. So we decided to make a day of it, and we drove to Troutman and spent the evening with her. She thought he was absolutely adorable (but of course, who doesn't??), and she loved getting to meet him and hold him.


Noah very happy to see MamMaw


A quick nap on MamMaw


We made a fun discovery... Noah LOVES windchimes! I know you can't see it, but that's what he's looking at. He was mesmerized!


Last night, we went to my dad's for my birthday party (yeah, it's early, but it worked for everyone). My dad (now known as Gdaddy) and stepmom Desna ("Mama D") made me Charleston style shrimp and grits! LOVE it! Brad was so sweet and made me a yummy chocolate cake with chocolate icing with chocolate chips in it (does my hubby know me or what??). My parents also got me triple chocolate ice cream to go with it. My dad got me a gorgeous sweatercoat from one of my fav stores Belle Ville in Birkdale, and a Target gift card. Desna got me Godiva (seriously, how am I going to lose this baby weight?). My stepsister Sarah got me Benefit make-up (woo-hoo!!), and my stepsister Hannah got me the cutest plates with little cupcakes painted on them along with a cupcake cookbook. Again, my family really knows what I like! :)


Hannah had a poker set in the car, so we ended the night playing Texas Hold Em. Brad bet away all his chips, so he stole some of mine. I told him he's not allowed to go to Vegas anymore.

1 comment:

Ben and Sara said...

Noah is so cute! Wish we could come visit and see him in person. I