Saturday, October 31, 2009

In the Army Now

It's official. My brother belongs to the gov't now. He was sworn in yesterday into the Army National Guard. He's in the 2nd Battalion Alpha 252 infantry. Harrison isn't exactly the most coordinated (none of us really are), so putting a weapon in his hands is kind of terrifying. I'm just worried someone will shout, "Shoot at will!", and Harrison will turn around and shoot a guy named Will. Ever seen that Pauly Shore movie, "In the Army Now"? Well, that's what I tend to picture when I think of Harrison in the Army.


Anyway, I'm really proud of him. He finally has a goal, and he's really working at it. He now gets up everyday at 4am and runs for miles. This was the kid that spent all day sleeping, never cleaned up his room, and did pretty much whatever he wanted. He was quickly turning into a bum.


All of us have been praying very hard for him, and one day, he woke up and decided to do something with his life. It's been amazing watching him. He's really excited, and I'm excited for him.


So CONGRATS, BUD!! You're gonna do great!!

No comments: