Friday, November 6, 2009

Fun Times with Ben :)

I decided last week that it would be fun to write mine and Brad's story down. Our little love story isn't exactly your everyday we-met-in-college kind of thing. We've got friendship, flirting, falling in love, cheating, religion, meltdowns, families against us, long-distance, near death health crises... needless to say, we've got ourselves some drama. I just thought it would be fun for Noah to have. He can see how much we went through just to get him here. :) Anyways, I keep running into some funny stuff in my old diaries, so I thought I'd share a couple.

I thought Brad's brother, Ben, would get a kick out of these. So here you go, Ben.

December 20, 1996
I just called Brad’s house twice. Ben answered the first time:

B: “Hello”
H: “Hey, may I speak to Brad?”
B: “Who is this calling, please?”
H: “Hailey”
B: “Oooh, Hailey. Hey Hailey, do you want to come over tonight?
We’re going to have a fire.”
H: “I’ve got to go to a party.”
B: “… and the lights will be out, and on the couch…”
H: “I’m going to a party.”
B: “…there’ll be a pillow for one.”
H: “I can’t.”
B: “Well, can you call Brad back in like five minutes?”
H: “Ok, bye!”

December 22, 1996
Today I saw Brad, but it was only for a second. I went by myself to see if he wanted to play. He answered the door and he looked fine! He had on a tie, khaki pants, white button up shirt, and his Mickey Mouse hat that matches his eyes. His eyes are gorgeous. They’re this grayish-blue color.
When he answered the door, everyone in his house started going, “Ooooh!! Go Brad!!” Brad just laughed and shut the door. As we were talking, Ben got a heart shaped cake pan and stuck it out the door. All you could see was his hand and the pan.

January 8, 1997
I called Brad just a second ago. Ben answered and went into another room to talk to me. He said that he's scared that Brad might be gay. He told me that I have a mission to make Brad not be gay. I have to kiss him. Whatever. haha.

January 9, 1997
I just called and talked to Brad. He said he had to clean up around the house before he could come over. Ben got on the phone a little later. This was what happened:

Ben: "Brad? Who is that?"
Brad: "It's for me."
Ben: "Who is it?"
Brad: "Ben, it's for me. It's Hailey."
Ben: "Hailey?"
Me: "Yes?"
Ben: "Did you do what I told you to?"
Me: "No, not yet."
Ben: "Are you going to?"
Me: "Umm..."
Brad: "What?"
Ben: "Do it ok?"
{Ben hangs up}
Brad: "What?"
Me: "Nothing. I don't know if I'm supposed to tell you."
Brad: "Well, Ben told me to ask you, so..."
Me: "Ok, Ben told me that he thought you were gay."
Brad: "Oh. Ben!" {starts talking to Ben in the background}
"I know. What? Kiss on her??"
Me: "That's what he told me to do to you."

There was a long silent pause after that.

2 comments:

Dani In NC said...

It sounds like Ben was a troublemaker :-).

Ben and Sara said...

Dani, you better watch it, I'll pop you one! Just kidding. The 'I'll pop you one' comment was something Brad use to repeat from his favorite 90's movie. I won't say which one because it is kind of an embarrassing part of his childhood. Ah what the hey, it was BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER hehehehe.

Hailey, I remember most of this, some of it I think you are making up!!! But it brought back some hilarious memories. I still think Brad might be gay so work on that for sure; start by keeping him away from Harrison! 'Ain't-dat-right-Brad?'