
And here's how it happened:
I walked down to his house, because I'd just gotten my high school senior pictures back and I wanted him to see them. Turns out nobody was home except Brad (I definitely didn't tell my mom this part). We sat on his couch and he picked out his favorites. Then we played floor soccer in his family room (soccer but on your knees, so as not to break anything). :) We goofed off like normal, then I had to get going. He walked me to the door, then he grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side room. He wrapped his arms around me and just held me. Their Christmas tree was behind him, and I just watched the lights change from red to green to yellow. I could hear Alanis Morrisette blaring from one of the rooms upstairs. I loved that he was holding me, but I'd learned from all our previous years together not to take him too seriously when he suddenly decided to be all romantic. Experience had taught me that he'd freak out the next day and we'd be back to being "just friends".
Then he whispered, "How many years have we known eachother? Seven?" I nodded, wondering where he was going with this. He told me how special I was to him, and yes, I ate it up, but again, I wasn't sure where this was headed.
We sat on the floor and talked for a minute, then he leaned in and kissed me. And it was a real kiss, not one of our "quick friendly peck" kind of kisses. The kind he'd give me once in awhile just to mess with my head.
My mind was a mess. I wasn't sure what to think at this point. What did this mean? What was I going to tell the guy I was seeing? Would I tell him anything? Did this mean Brad and I were dating now? What about our friendship?? Crap, I'm ruining the moment!
I told him I needed to go home (before my mom sent my brother to look for me). He walked me out, gave me another big hug, and said goodbye. We talked that night, and it was obvious that this was for real this time. He wanted to be with me. I was absolutely head-over-heels in love with him.
2 comments:
Oh my goodness!! I love that story!! You're totally leaving this open ended though...continue....
tee hee, the guy you were dating. i found a note the other day that i need to scan and send to you. once i find the scanner, i mean....
Post a Comment