Brad came down with a bad cold the night before last. At first, he hoped it was nothing, but it kept getting worse. Finally, Brad came to me yesterday morning and told me to get out. lol.
He said he knew he was getting worse and it was too risky for us to be around him. He would feel awful if Noah got it. So I rushed out of the house as fast as I could... I'm not kidding; I forgot to pack socks. :)
Anyway, I packed up as much stuff that would fit into my little Honda Civic, stuffed Noah somewhere in between his whale tub and bouncy chair, and we headed for my mom's house.
It's been very strange. I'm at home, taking a shower in my shower, mom making dinner, hanging out and doing advent devotions with the family, talking to my dad before going to bed, feeding the cats, telling Brad goodnight over the phone... but all with my baby. Very surreal.
Anyways, we're all having a good time. I just miss my husband. I'm not sure what Noah thinks about all of this. He doesn't seem to be too phased by it. He slept well last night and has been happy. My family has obviously LOVED us being here... except my mom gave me the advent prize, much to Madison's shock and horror. lol. Then my mom told her to get me some ice cream. I have a feeling she won't be heartbroken when we go. She's gotten used to being an only child around here. :)
2 comments:
LOL I am glad I knew the situation before reading your blog title! hahaha I'm glad you are being safe than sorry! I am dreading Brinley's first cold. I know it's going to happen sometime! I am going to cry when that baby has a runny nose!
I also knew what your post was going to be about. It's a GREAT attention grabber to folks who don't though!! LOL
Good luck keeping lil man healthy!! :)
Happy Holidays, Kemper family!!!
Post a Comment