Oh, I should also mention that one of the reasons I was ok with him hanging out with other girls was because his parents wouldn't let him "steady date". At least not until he was 18. Just needed to throw that in there.
Also, Brad wanted me to make sure I did a disclosure for him. His explanation is that he was young and stupid and in love. He found himself falling in love with me really quickly and panicked. That's the short version of his reasoning. So there you go. :)
And no, I wasn't totally innocent throughout our relationship, and this is by no means me only letting Brad look bad and never me. But we'll get to my part.
Yall tell me if you get bored.
Ok, so on with it...
Since Brad had found a way to justify anything he did for the rest of the week, he instantly became "my" Brad. That night at dinner, he held my hand, sat close to me, put his hand on my knee... things like that. I knew him too well. This was going to be fun.
After we ate, we went back to the house to change, then us "couples" went for a walk on the beach. Brad and I walked a little ahead of Josh and Sarah, so as to give them a little alone time. We found a spot in the sand and sat down. It was really quiet, except for the sound of the ocean swooshing in front of us. We couldn't even hear Sarah and Josh talking. We looked at the stars. He looked at me, not smiling or anything, and kissed me.
Ok, so I was conflicted. Of course, I loved that he wanted to kiss me and that he drove all this way and went to all that trouble to be with me. However, I couldn't get the fact that he was currently not mine. I mean, he'd always seemed to be mine, but this time, he had chosen someone else to date. Not me. I did my best not to let myself get too caught up in the moment and shoved any feelings I had for him deep down. I didn't want to get too wrapped up in pretending to be his girlfriend again if he actually was serious about going back to the way things were at home.
We stayed out there for like half an hour or so, then we all went back in to watch a movie. Sarah and her mom had gotten into a fight about Josh, so she had banished herself to our room. Brad put his arms around me while we watched TV, then we all decided to go to bed.
Sarah was still awake, so we talked awhile about how happy I was that Brad was here. She wanted to know the details from the beach. She could tell how thrilled I was about it all.
The next morning, Brad snuck in my room to wake me up. I just smiled at him, and we got ready to go down to the beach. It was the best day at the beach I'd had since we got there. Brad and Josh played soccer while I videotaped them. I went back with my dad to make lunches for everyone. I loved making Brad's lunch. I made him sandwiches the whole time we were there. I loved doing anything to take care of him.
That evening, we all went down to the beach to take pictures while the sun was setting. I wore my dress from the Snow Ball, and Brad wore a nice outfit. We did the same thing the next night.
We posed for a couple, but the best ones were of us when we didn't know Sarah was taking them. Candid pictures are always the best.

We went on a double date with Josh and Sarah, then went to walk on the beach again. "Dude, this is perfect," he said, "I'm at the beach. It's a beautiful night, and I'm with a beautiful girl to top it off." He stopped me, and wrapped his arms around me. He just smiled and pushed a wayward strand of hair behind my ear. "Dude, you are such a babe." And with that, he moved in to kiss me.
And we didn't stop.
I couldn't believe it. I was in one of the most beautiful places ever with a guy I was totally in love with and that obviously still loved me. He'd never kissed me the way he did that night.
When he pulled away, he wrapped me up in his arms and kept telling me he loved me.
When we went home that night, the four of us watched a movie. We sat on the couch, me in his lap. Every now and then, he'd play with my hair or gently run his fingers along my arms. I started dozing off around 2am. Brad woke me up and told me we needed to go to bed. I agreed. He told me goodnight and asked if I wanted him to wake me up in the morning. I nodded and went to bed.
The next day, we all went out on the beach again. Brad and I went on a bike ride with my dad to the end of the island. When we got back, we got in the ocean. I teased him, because he came up behind me and hugged me. "I thought you weren't supposed to hug me when we're in our bathing suits?" He laughed and said it didn't count, since we were in the ocean. Yeah, ok. haha.
That night, while we were getting ready to go to Charleston for dinner, Brad blared some music and came into my room to dance with me. I love watching him dance. He's so much fun.
My dad surprised us that night with a personal carriage ride for the four of us. We rode through Charleston and the lady told us the history of everything. I was just happy to be there with him. She dropped us off at the Omni Hotel, where we were going to go eat dinner. We were a little early, so we decided to walk around some. Brad held my hand while we walked. At dinner, I could tell Brad felt a little uncomfortable. It was incredibly nice. He looked like he hadn't seen that much silverware in all his life. lol. He definitely liked the food, because he ate all of his, the rest of mine, the rest of Sarah's, and then finished off the rolls.

When we got back to the house, we all changed and went down to the beach again. It was amazing. We stayed out there much longer than before. We walked around. Brad was all smooth like normal. He told me I was beautiful, held me close, ran his fingers through my hair, and of course kissed me. I'm not sure how long we were out there. Josh and Sarah eventually found us and we all walked back to our car. As we were walking, Brad saw me smiling and asked if I thought things were going to go back to normal when we got back. I just kept smiling.
We tried to make that final night last as long as possible.
When we left that morning, I drove my car and he followed behind myself and my dad. Before we left Charleston, we stopped for gas. I saw him on his cell phone in my rearview mirror and didn't need to ask to know who he was talking to. This was going to be interesting.
1 comment:
I'm glad you're having so much fun blogging this B?C I having so much fun reading it!!! A different perspective......
Post a Comment