You think I'm over-exaggerating??
He's not even 5 months old yet. He weighs 21 lbs. And he's 26" long. He weighs more than most 1 year olds.
No, I'm not overfeeding him. I only feed him when he's actually hungry. For dinner last night, he ate a big bowl of sweet potatoes and then 6 oz of milk. He didn't spit any of it up, he has normal poopies, and he's perfectly healthy.
Can you tell I'm getting tired of explaining why my child is abnormally large compared to his parents?? lol.
Anyways, you get my point.
So we went to Gymboree, and they had crates of clothes that were $6.99 and under. My little sister Madison was with me (along with Brad), so we started digging. We got SO many outfits to last us till spring/summer (I hope).
I just did the math to see how much we saved, based on what their original prices were. And the total came out to:
This is everything we got for under $100:

3 comments:
Nothing like awesome savings to make your day.
And do not worry about his size. Cassidy hit 20 pounds at her four month visit, and for her first two years was in the 97th percentile for everything. Same for Gabe. 97th acros the board. Neither of them ever wore newborn size, and both grew out of the 0-3 month stuff within three weeks. By the time Cass was 6 months she was wearing 12-18 month sizes.
Now? Both mine are in the 95th percentile for height and under the 50th for weight. They're healthy active little boogers, and once they starting running around both their weights evened out.
So don't worry. He's fine. People ALWAYS have something to say, whether he's big or small or whatever. People still look at Gabe when we're all together because he's blond and me and Chris are both dark. Haha!
Honestly, I think that the sizing for baby clothes probably hasn't been readjusted in years. The few babies I've seen who actually fit the size that goes with their age are preemies. That's why I rarely give newborn outfits at a baby shower; they don't last very long.
Looks like you made a great haul! We don't shop very far ahead. In the past, we've bought clothes on sale for the next season but then we'd forget that we had them. We ended up having to give away clothes because the kids had outgrown them by the time we ran across the box.
It's true, everyone has something to say... "How old is your daughter? 9 months?" "No she's 16..." "Oh she's really little..." yeah it doesn't matter. So be glad you have your awesome baby and forget what people say.
Post a Comment