Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

So I didn't have time to do the traditional New Years post. All I have to say about 2010 is that, oh-my-goodness where did all that time go?? It seems like I just graduated high school and now I'm coming up on our 10 year reunion! Very weird.

Anyways, Brad had to work New Years Eve, which was fine. I was pretty tired. Both Noah and I were in bed by 10pm (welcome to mommyhood), while Brad's parents watched the VT game on our tv.

But we're not total party poopers. Friday, we went down to Kiawah to hang out with my family for the weekend. It was Noah's first long road trip, and he did great! He slept the entire way there (4 hours!) and then was decently happy on the way back. He got a little cranky towards the end, so Brad sat in the back with him and tried to keep him happy by singing and dancing and reading to him.

Turns out, he got carsick. So now I had a fussy baby and a sick husband. Fortunately, we weren't that far from home. :)

Anyways, we had a great time. We wanted to take Noah fishing but it was FREEZING!!



While we were down there, we found out my Uncle Teddy and his family were down there. Teddy is actually my aunt's ex husband, but he spent 10 years with us, so to me, they're all still family. We hadn't seen them since they split (3 years ago), and we've really missed those people. They'd really missed us too. They got to meet Noah and catch up with us. It was great to see them.



We ate at Rosebank for lunch before we left, which is our favorite spot down there. My dad and Desna also got Noah a Kiawah tshirt and baby sweatshirt. They're SO cute! My cousin Nathan and his fiance Brittany were there too, and it was nice to spend some time with her and get to know her. She's a sweet girl. They were all about these Toms shoes, which Brad and I had never heard of. It's actually a great company. For every pair of shoes you buy, a pair is donated to a needy child in a third world country.

Click Here for more info.

Anyway, they're all about saving the world, which I think is cute. They're planning on going to Haiti for missions work after they get married. She's going to be a teacher, and he's going to help them set up computer systems (that's his major in college). Anyway, they're a good match for eachother.



We also went to Charleston for a little bit (of course). It was still too cold for Noah, so we didn't stay there long. Brad did a great job bundling him up and making sure he was warm.

We got to visit with my bff since birth, Daniel. Last time we saw him, I think I was 3 or 4 months pregnant, so it was fun for him to see Noah too. Noah seemed to really like him, and Daniel was impressed that he was such a happy, smiley baby.




We had a great time, but it'll be more fun when Noah is a little bigger and it'll be a little warmer. Maybe he'll get to see the beach next time! :)

No comments: