Not much to blog about... oh wait, I have a baby!
Noah Update:
He now weighs 21 lbs. I have one chubby baby! Seriously, everything on this child is big. Even his feet are chubby! He has officially gotten too big for all 6 mos old outfits and is quickly outgrowing his 9 mos outfits. Fortunately, we warned my family at Christmas, so all my relatives got him 12 mos clothes. He's still trying to roll over. He gets about halfway, then rolls back on his back again. He's getting there though. That's a lot of weight for a little guy to maneuver!
We were supposed to go for his first helmet visit this morning at 9am, but Brad's schedule got all flipped around (his coworker's wife had a baby). We decided to reschedule for next Wednesday. He won't be getting his helmet then. It's just a consultation and they'll take pictures. I'm really hoping that this whole helmet thing will go smoothly. I feel so terrible that he has to have it! I totally understand this whole "mother's love" thing. I think he has an adorable flat head! lol. My mom had worked for the place we're going to, and she said that Noah's case is SO minor compared to the babies she's seen go in there. Even her deaf clients' babies were worse off than he is. I did a little research and she's right. It's not nearly as bad as most kids that need them. I'm hoping this means he won't have to wear it long.
He's definitely gotten used to eating solids. I haven't been feeding him all that much, just because he hadn't lost the whole tongue reflex thing, and if that's not gone, then he's probably not ready yet. However, it's slowly diminishing, and once he has a couple of bites, he starts chewing normally.
Our pediatrician wanted us to only feed him solids when we're eating, so he understands it's a family event. I love this idea. The only problem is that Noah ends up being the only one eating. As soon as I turn away to take a bite of my own food, he's already swallowed and starts acting like a baby bird... opening his mouth, kicking, and grunting at me for more. It's pretty hilarious. He wasn't so crazy about applesauce, but he loves sweet potatoes still. So I mixed them together, and you would've thought I'd fed him ice cream or something. He LOVED it. He definitely knows his name now. Everytime I say "Noah", he looks up at me, even if he's on his tummy... which by the way, is going so much more smoothly.
Oh, and his new thing... he likes to bury his face in me and squeal. Not mad squeals. Just squeals. Then he looks up at me with this BIG grin and does it again.
He loves his new gym my mom and Art gave him. He recently discovered the mirror on it and was mesmerized with himself. A true Kemper.

His feet are a new fascination as well. He hasn't quite tried grabbing them yet (again, kinda difficult when you have a belly), but he kicks and kicks and just watches his feet move, then talks to them.
He has also started sleeping a lot better (for now). He falls asleep around 9pm, then doesn't wake up till about 6am, eats, then sleeps for another hour and a half or so. He also started learning how to fall asleep on his own, so he takes naps in his crib (dad still isn't ready to make the big move at night).
Reading has also become a favorite time for us. I love reading to him, and he's getting better at sitting and listening. Of course, it has to rhyme. He's not interested in normal stories. He wants a sing-songy rhyming book. Last night, when I was reading him one of these in his rocking chair, he kept looking at the pictures, then looked up at me to watch me read, then looked back at his book. He's so precious.So I may not have a tee tiny newborn anymore, but I do have a chunky, silly, giggly, happy baby boy who cracks us up all the time.
2 comments:
So cute. And, I never ever say this, ever...but he looks SO much like your husband. I don't think babies look like anyone. Except yours..that smile is exactly like Brad's.
LOL. yeah, we get that alot. But I think it's sweet. I wanted a mini-Brad and that's exactly what I got.
Post a Comment