Most of you know that Brad has grown up thinking that coffee is evil. "Satan's drink" as he calls it. Nevermind the research that's coming out that says plain black coffee is loaded with antioxidants, and that it's showing to prevent diseases like colon cancer, diabetes, Parkinsons, prostate cancer, etc and that it even helps prevent cavities.
(Editor's Note: there's still a big debate. It might just be a bunch of people addicted to the stuff that're trying to find a good reason to keep drinking it.)
Coffee has been such a hot spot for him, it's always been fun to push that button every once in awhile. Once when we were dating, we were at his parents' house, and his dad had bought some kind of mocha ice cream. Brad made us both a bowl of it, and when I tasted it, I informed him that this definitely had coffee in it. He thought it was chocolate. I had to show him the ingredients on the carton. I thought it was good and continued to eat it, and he stormed off. It was pretty funny. I even ran upstairs to give him a big mocha french kiss. Yes, this is the kind of maturity we possess in order to keep our relationship healthy.
Anyways, I've never been much of a coffee drinker. I actually hated it until college. Even then, I didn't drink it much. My fav was a mocha, since I'm pretty sure it's more chocolate than actual coffee. Plus, I can't handle caffeine. Starbuck's hot chocolate keeps me up at night. Oh sure, Brad can accidentally have a Pumpkin Spice frap that's loaded with coffee and caffeine and sleep all night long with no problem (this was kind of frightening to me... his tolerance was way high for it). But me? Not so much luck.
I started drinking a little bit of that instant coffee mix stuff in the mornings this winter, mainly because I liked something warm to wake me up, and hot chocolate was just way too sweet that early. It must've been decaf, because I was always able to go take a nap later if I wanted with no problem.
So here's where our war starts...
Brad hates coffee and doesn't want me drinking it. However, he'll drink a Dr Pepper or Pepsi without feeling any guilt.
I've told him SO many times how soda (non caffeinated included) is far worse for your body than plain coffee ever could be. With all of the chemicals and phosphoric acid (which eats away the enamel of your teeth, btw) and added sugar, it's awful for you.
So we came up with a compromise. I will no longer drink any kind of coffee drink if he will no longer drink ANY kind of soda.
I think I got the better end of this deal.
1 comment:
Coffee is Satan's drink? I consider it God's gift. I am not worth talking to until I get at least 16 oz of coffee into my system. God created coffee to make me bearable to other humans :-).
Post a Comment