This is a tad bit of a rant. I don't get annoyed real easily, but unfortunately, after three weeks straight, I think I've hit my limit. I keep hearing people complain about "ALL THIS SNOW" here in NC. Really?? We seriously get this kind of snow like once every 5 years. Even the national news publications are calling it "a rarity". Yes, it's inconvenient. Yes, I know you need to get to work (on a Saturday). But honestly, it's not going anywhere, and complaining isn't going to make it melt any faster.
Instead of whining about it, just embrace it! Take the weekend off. Go sledding with your wife, kids, friends, etc. Have a snowball fight. Build a snowman. Try to remember why you got so excited about snow when you were little. If you really hate the cold that much, sit by a fire and drink some hot chocolate. Have a movie night.
It's not like you're going to be stuck in the house for days. It'll be gone by Sunday. The roads will most likely be clear by tomorrow afternoon anyway. So stop being a total scrooge and enjoy our little winter surprise while it lasts.

ps. I certainly hope you're willing to listen to me whine about how miserably hot it is in a couple of months. I think that's only fair. :)
Ok, I'm done. No more rants from me for at least another couple of months.
2 comments:
I agree! Why should we complain about snow when it is not a blizzard? I mean seriously, we can still drive in it! There was no ice this time where I am, so there is no problem! It is lovely, and I love snow! I WILL be complaining with you this summer:)
Surprisingly it's not really affecting traffic other than slowing it down. I was out last night and this morning and it wasn't that bad. Of course a few weeks ago when we had the other snow it did take a ridiculously long time to get from Charlotte to Davidson but REALLY it's not bad, pretty and so much fun!! OH AND NOAH IS SO CUTE!!! Seriously I think I'm fairly close to you fairly often I would love to meet this handsome little guy sometime!!
Post a Comment