Sunday, February 7, 2010

Six Months

(written yesterday... didn't post right... oops.)

To my sweet, "little" Noah;

Today you turned six months old. It blows my mind to think how fast time has flown by. Being pregnant with you felt like an eternity, but now that you're here, the clock just won't slow down!

It's hard to believe that six months ago, I was sitting in a hospital bed, hooked up to all kinds of monitors and waiting (slightly) patiently with your daddy and Nae Nae for you to arrive. My favorite memory of that day was when they finally handed you over and I was able to hold you for the first time. I couldn't believe how gorgeous you were. You were the prettiest newborn I'd ever seen. Daddy's favorite memory is getting to see you open your eyes for the first time.

In the last six months, you've taught me more about myself than anyone else. You made me see how much I'm actually capable of. You've made me stronger, wiser, and more patient. I've learned that no matter how long it takes for me to lose my pregnancy weight, you don't care. You're always there to love me anyway. You've given me so much happiness and peace. That giggle of yours sends me to the moon. When I'm feeling stressed, all I have to do is see that big, gummy grin smiling back at me.

It has been an amazing experience watching you grow and discover the world around you. You are so much like your daddy, it's ridiculous. You love music, dancing, and looking at yourself. And just like your dad, you get so hot when you sleep. You look just like him and your Granddad, all the way down to your toes. You even inherited their "thinking face". However, like your mommy, you love to be tickled, act silly, and smile all of the time.

Stuff you've learned in the last couple of months:

- recognize the ASL sign for "milk" and "finished"
- play peek-a-boo with us, or even just yourself in the mirror
- roll over both ways
- be okay with tummy time (finally)
- discover your hands and feet
- grab and play with your toys, banging them against the table to make noise
- laugh and play with Dodger and Flash
- eat all kinds of new foods: apples, bananas, sweet potatoes, green beans, and pears
- have a favorite book (The Animals of Farmer Jones is the only one you'll really sit still for over and over)
- kick and play in the bath water
- sleep through the night (PTL)


My favorite time right now with you is first thing in the morning, getting you out of your crib and letting you come cuddle in bed with me. I don't care who says it's a bad habit to start. I know you won't be able to do this forever, and I'm going to take advantage of your small cuddliness. I love watching you kick like crazy, wiggle back and forth, and make that surprised face of yours when you get excited. We call it the "Noah dance". SO cute.

I know it's cliche, but I really can't imagine my life without you. You make daddy and I so proud, and I'm honored to be your mom. You're such a blessing, and life with you just keeps getting better and better.

Thank you for being you.

Happy Half-year Birthday, baby boy!

Love,
Your Mommy

Whenever Noah sees something really interesting to him, he does this:



It always makes me laugh so hard, and he always looks at me like, "What?"
I LOVE this boy!

1 comment:

Jillian said...

GREAT post!!
Reading your memories of your labor/delivery/birth of Noah made me think back to giving birth to each of mine =) Thanks!!