
Brad and I had a fantastic Valentine's weekend. We originally planned on going out on a date... dinner, movie, etc. Unfortunately, our babysitter (my mom) got really sick. So we nixed that idea and went to my grandparents' for the February birthday gathering. I'm glad we went. My family got to see Noah, and we had a good time.

While we were getting Noah ready to go that night, he surprised us with a new trick. He can sit up now! All on his own! He did it on his changing table and couldn't figure out why we were so excited for him. He enjoyed the attention, though!

(ps. Look at those rolls! Couldn't you just eat him up??)
We all got up early on Valentine's Day. While I got ready for church, Brad made me a Valentine's treat: a red rose, card, the new Lady Antebellum cd, and Pink pancakes!

Brad wanted to visit his church, so we went to the Gastonia ward. We sat with our bud, Mo, and his family. Noah did great. He lasted about an hour before I took him out and walked him around. Brad came and found us and told us we could go on and go. Oh well. It was fun to get dressed up again. That night, we visited a church in Lake Norman. We became friends (very randomly) with a pastor and his wife a couple of months ago. We struck up a conversation in the baby aisle at Target, found out they have a church, and we just now got around to visiting. They actually live very close to us, and they have a baby who is a month younger than Noah! Of course, Noah isn't the average size of a 6 month old. At Brad's church, we put him next to a 1 year old, and you would've thought they were the same age. Anyway, their baby was also born premature, so he's extra smaller than Noah. It was so fun to see them. They're such a sweet family, and we're looking forward to hanging out with them more.
{weird "coincidence": Brad ran into another LDS member at the other church that he's known for years (Campbell for those of you who know him). There were only 15 people in attendance... VERY small (and new) church.}

We picked up my little sister after that, so she could spend the night with us. She loves hanging out with Noah. She helped me make our neighbors their meal, since they just had a new baby. Noah's just waiting for cute, little Allie to get bigger so he has a playmate. Congrats Sigmons! :)
Brad and I have had a spectacular few days together. He's enjoyed spending some quality time with us, and I know Noah has loved getting to hang out with his daddy so much.
Oh, and I've had a major breakthrough in the weight loss department. I lost 5 pounds in 2 days. I don't know why, but I'm definitely thrilled. It really doesn't make any sense. I stopped doing P90x the last couple of days (to have more time with Brad), and ate cheesecake, steak, etc. Makes no sense. I know this is totally annoying to hear... but I'm just so stinkin excited about it!! Seriously, I've been miserably frustrated over losing weight, so this has made my week.
Moral of this story? Stop stressing. Don't deprive yourself of fun food, and let your body recover from workouts. The end.
1 comment:
What a great family picture!! Noah is going to be an athlete I just have a feeling...
Post a Comment